Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there is no damage to the cruiser.........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is no damage to the cruiser.........

do you simply take it to the carwash or you must fill out an incident report?

*Warning: the video may be graphic, viewer discretion is advised*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u5H4...=youtube_gdata
    Life is what you make of it

By no damage, do you mean if the ride isn't totaled?

Comment

By no damage I mean the bumper may have to have a dent or two pulled out and that's about it other than blood/guts on the surface. I never was involved with a deer collision so I guess I'm underestimating the damage potential of baby deer.

Comment

"A dent or two' is considered damage most places......

we would have to report it....failing to report damage can result in termination (integrity issue)
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

WTF, Over? Hell ya you have to fill out paperwork. Failure to do so would result in a 3 day un-paid fishing trip at the very least. Chances are, it's not going to be the officer's fault, so why not report it?

Oh, and if you hit a deer running code, there is going to be "damage".
          Last edited by usmcrob; 09-24-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

That's why in the Florida keys they have a strict speed limit on one of the islands due to the dear. I think the highway runs through a deer sanctuary or something. Can't remember because I haven't traveled there since '04.

Comment

Nope. I just let the next shift take care of cleaning it off. Seems to be the way things are done now a days.

Comment

deer / dear

Comment

We have 2 disabled cars now due to the deer, dear...
                  It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by On the sly
                    .....To include dear giblets on the patrol cars.
                    Originally posted by On the sly
                    I was referring to my dear wife.

then that's one heck of a story you've left out

Comment

Whoops, maybe I should proofread word for word instead of skimming next time lol

Comment

That deer didn't cause a "dent or two" in a plastic bumper and sheet metal hood. That's a 100lb+ deer at a speed of at least 65MPH. That car was totaled after that. You can actually see the right bar of the push bumper disappear after the collision.

Comment

I would report it...CYA

Comment

One of my former coworkers bumped a garbage bin while leaving a call once. He cracked the corner light on his scout car, a $50 dollar part at best. Instead, he decided to come up with a story about how it got hit while it was parked in front of his house. Sure enough, 3 days later he reports it as an accident that happened at his house. About 2 months after that he resigned under threat of termination.
                            If you wreck it, report it. I sure as hell wouldn't trade my job for a corner light.
                            Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Boo for double posts.
                              Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4741 users online. 272 members and 4469 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X