300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Gear

I did use the search feature first and did not find the answer I was seeking so I am posting the question. I just started back working part-time as a Security Officer at a local, private college in my area. We're only issued a basic uniform (shirt & pants) with the rest being up to us. What is the best or better option to get for rain gear? We have the basic vinyl raincoats to use, but while they keep the rain off of me I get wet from the sweat of wearing that coat. And as a security officer (who is not in any way trying to play cop) are there any other suggestions for gear? Any and all help are appreciated.

Umbrella........

Comment

Every set of rain gear I have ever tried, did not keep me completely dry. But I liked the trench coat style of rain gear the best. Top it off with a campaign hat (with rain cover) for better results. The top and bottoms are harder to put on and take off IMO.

Comment

Gortex is the way to go. That's because the material breathes - Water doesnt penettrate the fabric and allows vapour from perspiration to escape.
        If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

Gortex parka and pants.
          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Gortex is the only way to go...
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Go to one of the stores on a military base and buy something called Frog-togs...very light material and airy.

Comment

Gortex is crap. They gave that stuff to us in the army. Sure it works great for a little while but if you have to stay in it for long periods of time in the rain, your going to get wet. My boots are lined with Gortex but the water still gets through.

Comment

This is what we've got. I think the cost ran around $280 by the time the rear of the jacket was printed and a likeness of our badge was added to the front. They'll keep you dry.

http://www.blauer.com/product-detail...BDRY-Fabric/82

http://www.blauer.com/product-detail...BDRY-Fabric/97

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3041 users online. 137 members and 2904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X