300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored Car security?

I am interested in trying to get a job working with Armored car security. Problem is, I only know of 1 company and that is Dunbar. What are some good companies to work for? I am in Virginia.

Also, I have no experience in working security. Do they hire people with no security experience?

How is the job overall?

Originally posted by RaiderIII View Post

Also, I have no experience in working security. Do they hire people with no security experience?
    That's mostly who they hire. I worked part time for an armored car company while in college. It varies. Some pay ok, most don't. You're guarding large amounts of cash, carrying heavy bags of coins, and you're working with people who don't really grasp the concept of security or situational awareness.

Its a mix of wannabes/gonnabes, retirees, and part-timers just passing through until they find something better for the most part.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I am interested in trying to get a job working with Armored car security.
      Why???

Comment

I worked for AT systems for 3 years. The pay sux. You carry heavy boxes of money. You carry lots of money. Your only one man getting in and out of the car. Your a huge target. You don't have enough time in the day to make all your stops and get in on time. Your always rushing and finding places to cut corners so you can get in early and earn less money while being unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_V View Post
          Why???
          yea.... why?

Comment

I agree with the above. Why? Give up on the LP idea? Working in an AC isn't going to make you a more viable candidate.

Comment

When I worked armored cars before I got into LE, it was not the best job in the world for sure. I had no ballistic vest, no shotgun, no AR/long gun, and worked with guys that barely got their high school diploma. The coins are heavy, there is VERY little training, the trucks ride like crap when loaded down, and you never know when someone is going to want that money more than you.

Going from retail security to private security to armored cars to LE, I thought that I was taking the right path and thought that I was going to have the leg up on my competition. Wrong. If you want something that is somewhat close to LE, join the military. I wouldn't recommend becoming a tin badge because, honestly, I learned nothing.

Comment

What are some good companies to work for?
                There aren't any. I would rather be a door gunner for NASA.
                sigpic Bet they got a ticket for obstructing the rear window. God Bless America!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6424 users online. 374 members and 6050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X