300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone with internet

Do any of you officers have internet capability on your cell phones and if you do, do you find it helpful while on the job?

yeah, our department won't pay for that.

Comment

Our dept cell phones have it and it gets used quite a bit. My personal has it, but I cant figure the damn thing out.
      We have internet in the car on our MDTs and it comes in very helpful.
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I know a guy who does. It came in handy the other day looking for a shelter to take a woman with children in.

My phone is capable, but I'm too cheap to pay for the service. I just got text messaging a few months back.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Definitely-had to use it to get the address of a pizza place we had to disperse a group of J's. It gets used all the time for that and phone numbers. Sometimes its useless to tie up the dispatcher to ask for an easy to get #

Comment

Have internet on my blackberry and a Verizon HP Netbook mounted in my car (no MDTs for at least another year here).

Work related - nice for keeping an eye on the weather (It just rained for 8 days straight here), looking up Statutes (They changed on 9/1 and I haven't ordered a new book yet). Use my fake MySpace to keep an eye on our crackheads, etc. etc.

Non-work related - Read the news (Dallas Morning News, Chicago Tribune, Lincoln Journal-Star, Corpus Christi Caller Times, BBC, Fox News every morning), check Officer.com and another sandbox I post on occassionally, run IM on meebo.com to talk to other officer in my county and outside.
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

yes and yes

Comment

I use mine extensively. Had to get the unlimited web use package. For some unknown reason, our department won't let us access the internet for ANYTHING other than the department's public website. No weather radar to track storms or hurricanes, no Florida Department of Corrections to find photos, check probation, etc., we can't even use them for investigative purposes.
                Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Comment

Most at my Dept. have iPhones. We use them all the time for all sorts of things.

Comment

My personal cell phone has internet. I use it all the time at work. Mainly to check the scores of a basketball game or football game I couldn't watch because i'm working. Oh and it comes in handy if you need a phone number. Yellowbook.com is awesome and easy to use on a cell phone. I also have a wireless broadband internet card for my personal laptop which I carry in my unit. I like high tech gadgets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6216 users online. 373 members and 5843 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X