300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• female being harassed by boss...

I'm the only female security on my shift with other males...and whenever I DO the slightest thing wrong he will pull me into his office and yell at me or be-little me. If I want any kind of day off, I have to tell him why, and if I was sick, I have to tell him what was wrong..(which doesn't make sense to me). He always wants to know if certain guys in the area in which we work are my boyfriends, if I stop too long and speak with someone, he wants to know who they are. There are many more situations that have happened which is too much to list...,butmy question is would I be able to keep a tape recorder on me to record some of our convo's?... because some of the things he says to me..I KNOW FOR A FACT he would never even think to say to some of the males. Is this illegal?..Any info would be greatly appreciated

do you find it offensive? If you tape record, check your states law concerning recordings, here only one person needs to know as long as they (you) are aware of being recorded...
    Also, if you do find it offensive, who would you report it to?
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Why don't you just quit and find another job....granted I know you shouldn't have to but wouldn't that be easier and you wouldn't have to deal with all that grief?

Comment

Not gonna bite on this one LOL
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Yes, you are allowed to record yourself and anyone who happens to be speaking with YOU. If it is harrassing then ask him to stop. If it doesnt, then take the recordings to the people over him.
          Just be careful, because "harrassment" is a strong word to throw around, sp be sure you have clear examples of those on your tape
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Your complaint is civil in nature and not criminal unless you are being physically or sexually assaulted. If you are uncomfortable in the environment, appeal to a higher authority within the company. There are avenues within the community to assist you with workplace issues. This site is not among them!!
            Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Danielle View Post
              =...and whenever I DO the slightest thing wrong he will pull me into his office and yell at me or be-little me. If I want any kind of day off, I have to tell him why, and if I was sick, I have to tell him what was wrong..(which doesn't make sense to me).
              We all have to do that. It's called being an employee.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                Why don't you just quit and find another job....granted I know you shouldn't have to but wouldn't that be easier and you wouldn't have to deal with all that grief?
                Because she shouldn't to quit her job to not be harassed by a bunch of ****** bags.

Comment

well for one..it is a HIPPA violation if you ask me why i went to the doc; thats personal. as long as i have a doc's note. Im good. and second...I should never have to quit my job or run away from some boss...who is rude to me. I have told him about himself once, but he has to be reminded of to keep his tone to a minimum. and employees...don't need to be questioned for EVERY small thing..because like I said before..He doesn't do the males like that. But thanks you guys for the other info..I will keep you posted on what goes on.

Comment

If you are employed by a company larger than "Fly By Night Security" or "Mom & Pop is Watching You Security" you probably have an employee handbook.

Someplace in that handbook mixed in with all the rules of employment should be a section on workers rights and/or grievances. There also should be some type of Table of Organization which would identify your supervisor's supervisor.

Most employers take harassment complaints very seriously as the courts have a history of large monetary awards in lawsuits of that nature. As said before, if you work for one of the larger corporations................your handbook should be your guide in this matter.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Danielle View Post
                      well for one..it is a HIPPA violation if you ask me why i went to the doc; thats personal. as long as i have a doc's note. Im good. and second...
                      Wrong! It is entirely appropriate for an employer to seek information from an employee for the reason they used sick leave - especially if there is a belief the employee is, or may be, abusing sick leave.

Under "HIPAA", medical care professionals, your doctor, the hospital, their employees and staff cannot release the information without your approval.
                      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

If you think it's because you're a female it could be a violation of Federal Law. Most likely it will violate local or state laws also. Try the below contact information

Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission by calling 213-894-1000 or 800-669-4000 or visiting their website at www.eeoc.gov

But understand there are specific guidlines. You should start with putting him and your employer on notice, if violations continue then you take it outside proceeding by local, state, and/or Federal laws.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                          Wrong! It is entirely appropriate for an employer to seek information from an employee for the reason they used sick leave - especially if there is a belief the employee is, or may be, abusing sick leave.

Under "HIPAA", medical care professionals, your doctor, the hospital, their employees and staff cannot release the information without your approval.
                          You are, of course, correct.

It is a common misconception that the HIPAA act restricts employers from getting the information. FMLA paperwork has areas where the medical professional must give semi specific information as to the reason for the leave.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post

Like I said, If my doc wrote a note as to why I was out without going into specifics of what was wrong..then my employer should not be asking me personal info as to why I was out...especially if it's a day. With my company if you have to be out more than 3 days, then you need a doc's note. But I went ahead and had a doc's note anyway just to be prepared if he asked. I could see if I called out sick and refused to tell him why without a doc's note or any proof that I was ill and needed days off. especially if I were abusing sick time. Same thing as when you ask for vacation, you don't have to disclose what/where you going/doing, do you?.

Comment

but thanks everyone for the helpful info..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4054 users online. 210 members and 3844 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X