300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous scenario with sec. officer

Hello and thanks for letting me join. This may be kind-of long but I'll try my best to summarize. I live in Las Vegas with my teenage daughter. Our apartment complex is not in the greatest neighborhood so the management here has a curfew of 10pm. They have hired a bicycle security guy. One night while I was asleep my daughter and two of her young guests went outside after 10:00. The sec. guard approached them and told them to leave the complex and stated they were trespassers. My daughter stated that she lives here and he said "No you don't" and kept telling them to leave the complex. The girls ran home to the apartment and woke me up. I verified that this was my daughter and that those were her 2 overnight guests and apologized that they had gone out after 10:00. He wrote me a ticket for the infraction.

Fast forward to about six weeks later. The same 3 girls go outside to get some fresh air at about 8pm. They are sitting at a metal picnic table and the sec. guard comes up behind them, snatches up one of the girls and handcuffs her. Daughter told me they were doing nothing but giggling, as young girls are wont to do, and she believes he probably thought they were laughing at him. (They weren't; she swears). My daughter ran to get me and I went down there and asked him why she was cuffed. He replied that he could handcuff somebody if he didn't like the color of their hat. I told him I was going to call the police because she had done nothing to deserve handcuffing. He replied that he'd already called and I said "Good" and sat down to wait for them. BTW, this kid has never been in any sort of trouble in her whole life.

Meanwhile there is this guy seated at another of the tables and he's been watching the whole thing. He spoke up and said that the girls weren't doing ANYTHING wrong and kept asking why he had handcuffed that little girl. The sec. off. of course turned his aggression on him. They were mouthing off at each other and the sec. off. put his hand on his gun. The guy says "What- you gonna shoot me 'cause I'm saying you didn't have any reason to cuff that girl?" Sec. off. then pulls the gun out and starts waving it around and screaming for the guy to get on the ground, get his hands up, etc. He calls for somebody with his company to come back him up. His lard butt, smart mouthed pal came to back him up and between the two of them they tasered and pepper sprayed this guy. Lard Butt was running his mouth about how we weren't sh*t, that they could handcuff any one of us and treat us any way those chose to because they were SECURITY OFFICERS. I said "for God's sake, I pay money to live here!" Lard Butt told me to shut the **** up and I had really had it by then and invited him to come make me shut up. I can't recall when I've ever been that mad. Meanwhile I had called 911 on my cell and told them this guy was waving his gun around and I had 3 kids to protect.

Local police came and called the girl's mom to come get her. Now my daughter's friends are scared to come over here and I hate living here because of what happened. We have 7 more months on the lease here and I don't want to get a bad landlord reference. When I took my complaint to the apartment manager he gave me some generic speech about how he would "talk to the security guard" about his behavior.

So . . . .was curious to hear what some police officers or other security officers might think about this situation. Thanks again for reading.

Did you explain all this to the cops when they got there?
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

What area of town is this and what apartment complex? I'm just curious if it is in my area. Most of the apartment security in my area don't carry a taser or a firearm.

Comment

seems to be more to the story than what the OP suggested

Comment

I can't believe for one minute the incident just kind of faded off like that. To address individual things:

1. In the first instance the guard probably doesn't know every single person in the apartment complex. As such, when he observes three people breaking an obviously well known complex rule he attempts to remedy the situation. You were issued the appropriate citation and things seemed to go happily from there. Lesson learned: discipline your kids.

2. In the second instance your very style of writing shows that there is more to the story. Your daughters friends becomes "that little girl" and you start throwing insults at what were earlier known as "security officers." Now I wasn't there, and we can only surmise that the story you are telling is 100% factual, but if something even remotely like that happened I doubt things just faded off like you say they did. First off, don't ever %$#king walk up on somebody who has three subjects out with him, one obviously detained, and start mouthing off and demanding answers. So now this security officer is dealing with the initial three subjects he made contact with, detained one, has you in his face, and some random good samaritan who I'm sure didn't have the odor of an alcohlic beverage on or about his person, comes to your aide...5 on 1 and you're shocked that he requested an additional person to help? So then for no reason they OC and taser this guy? So I'm sure things didn't escalate from verbal commands to non-compliance to attempts to remove to use of force right? It was just (hand on gun) sir leave! "No." "ZAP SPRAY AIEEEE!!!!"

So what did the cops on scene say? Hmmm? If this is true some type of report was written. Where's a copy? @#$t give me the PD address and I'll pay the fee to get a copy myself so I can read it. So the cops told you nothing? They give you a referal card to officer.com and tell you to query us?

Comment

While it is a long shot, I can believe what you say. However, some of what you are saying is somewhat out of proportion. If this problem is true then you need to recontact the agency for a follow-up of misconduct. I suggest getting together with the guy who was there that day and was being assaulted as you allege.

Comment

Hey hey hey... leave the GS-9 security guard alone, he is so much smarter then all of us cops.

Comment

Move...plain and simple.
                And when you do, tell the apartment complex why you are moving and tell them that if they atte,pt to sue you for the remainder of your lease, then you will make the biggest "public" stink for them; to include media, "community action groups", (which are just mostly pains in the butt on most issues), etc.
                If you and your child do not feel safe then it's time to go.
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Get a lawyer....

Comment

If your story is true, then why didn't man make a citizen's arrest of the security guards?
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TinaSabrina View Post
                      Meanwhile there is this guy seated at another of the tables and he's been watching the whole thing. He spoke up and said that the girls weren't doing ANYTHING wrong and kept asking why he had handcuffed that little girl. The sec. off. of course turned his aggression on him. They were mouthing off at each other and the sec. off. put his hand on his gun. The guy says "What- you gonna shoot me 'cause I'm saying you didn't have any reason to cuff that girl?" Sec. off. then pulls the gun out and starts waving it around and screaming for the guy to get on the ground, get his hands up, etc. He calls for somebody with his company to come back him up. His lard butt, smart mouthed pal came to back him up and between the two of them they tasered and pepper sprayed this guy. Lard Butt was running his mouth about how we weren't sh*t, that they could handcuff any one of us and treat us any way those chose to because they were SECURITY OFFICERS. I said "for God's sake, I pay money to live here!" Lard Butt told me to shut the **** up and I had really had it by then and invited him to come make me shut up. I can't recall when I've ever been that mad. Meanwhile I had called 911 on my cell and told them this guy was waving his gun around and I had 3 kids to protect. Between here ^^^ and here vvv is a HUGE gap of information. Try again....
                      Local police came and called the girl's mom to come get her. Now my daughter's friends are scared to come over here and I hate living here because of what happened. We have 7 more months on the lease here and I don't want to get a bad landlord reference. When I took my complaint to the apartment manager he gave me some generic speech about how he would "talk to the security guard" about his behavior.
                      When it all comes down to it, it doesn't matter what an internet site full of cops thinks. It matters what the law is in Las Vegas. I've worked with Metro before and they're a great bunch of cops. I highly doubt that they just showed up and only called the girl's mom to pick her up.
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Major information gap Tina. Too much missing.

Comment

Usually when I hear a completely one-sided story such as yours, and the way you paint these angelic girls coming out after 10:00 p.m. or later...and the "it just so happens..." on top of all other events...as well as rabid security guards (not that I hold them in a better light...trust me......) waving their guns around and picking on teenage girls late at night, etc. etc.

Too many Red flags all over.

Comment

Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
                            I can't believe for one minute the incident just kind of faded off like that. . . . . . .So what did the cops on scene say? Hmmm?
                            On The Sly, CareerChange, Philip Cal, MCapo, Sgt. Slaughter:

It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever in my world whether you believe me when I say what happened. I know that what I have shared is the truth. I knew, of course, that when I came here to get opinions on this situation there would be some powerfully devoted law enforcement-minded, cynical individuals who would step up with that attitude of "Since he had the gun and badge, he is clearly completely in the right and you are lying about the whole situation, end of story." I have no interest in engaging in a p1ssing contest with any of your over-inflated egos. I can write my name in the snow and have nothing to prove to anyone.

If you all are going to get so hostile towards civilians who come here to share things and seek advice from officers then why do you bother to let us join the forum and post? Just for the sheer purpose of having someone to gang up on and be hostile towards? (Some of you are clearly enjoying yourselves. Hey; everybody's got to have a hobby and we all like to feel important sometimes).

As for what the cops said to me about the situation, (to answer your Hmmmm? there Career Change) one of the cops took me aside and said that he did not like the situation but there was little he could really do and he had to take it for what it was- the guy is security for the complex and as such, has a right to send away people he considers trespassers and he suggested I go to my apartment manager with it and gave me their names written on a slip of paper. Oh, and he did state that the sec. guard was a bit shaky and that he was probably afraid the other man who got involved was carrying a weapon.

There is no mysterious "missing information" or omitted parts of the story that would incriminate me or the kids. I told it the way it happened. Whether you choose to believe it or not makes no difference to me. The 14-year-old girl was sent home with her mom. Why would you have trouble believing that Sgt. Slaughter? I told you, she has no juvie record and was doing nothing wrong.

Thanks to those who had constructive, non-biased input. I am definitely going to take Crass Cop's advice and say to hell with the lease and find us another place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by On the sly
                              Okay, cut the crap...

You're leaving information out of your posts, which indicates that you're hiding something.

Duh.

Secondly I know for a fact that any self respecting LEO wouldn't hesitate investigating allegations of security officers abusing what little authority they have. Those guards would have been cuffed and stuffed into the back of a patrol car if what you are saying is true, which I doubt it is...
                              What information do you feel was left out Sly

I too felt the sec. guards should have been cuffed and stuffed. Didn't happen though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5365 users online. 309 members and 5056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X