Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Park the cruiser in the driveway or no.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park the cruiser in the driveway or no.....

Just curious who parks the cruiser in the driveway after your shift. I assume it would depend on what neighborhood you live in. Do you think it is more of a deterrent or a danger?

I park it in the parking lot at the station. No take home for this amigo, even if I had one it would get parked at the fire station a few miles away or the station. I'm not in the best of areas.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I parked across the street and a few parking spots down. It takes me 10 seconds to walk to my car, and all my neighbors know that I'm a cop about 30 miles away. It's definitely a safe neighborhood, but if someone who wasn't from around here drove by and saw my car, they wouldn't be able to see which house was mine.

Comment

I live in an apt and park where ever is available.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
          I parked across the street and a few parking spots down. It takes me 10 seconds to walk to my car, and all my neighbors know that I'm a cop about 30 miles away. It's definitely a safe neighborhood, but if someone who wasn't from around here drove by and saw my car, they wouldn't be able to see which house was mine.
          An unattended radio car being left overnight out here would probably have key marks and slashed tires in the morning......and that is in the 'nice' areas.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            An unattended radio car being left overnight out here would probably have key marks and slashed tires in the morning......and that is in the 'nice' areas.....
            Yeah that's what I've heard. God bless living in the suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
              Yeah that's what I've heard. God bless living in the suburbs.
              heh......that IS 'the suburbs'.....
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

When I have my car, it's parked in my driveway or on the street in front of my house.

Comment

Park the cruiser in the driveway or no.....

I have an unmarked Chevrolet Impala (gee, nobody would suspect a dark blue Impala). Anyway, it goes right in my attached garage as soon as I get home. Technically, I am probably considered suburban, but I live on a 5 acre hobby farm and other neighbors are similarly sized, so I almost feel rural, gravel road and all. My neighbors know I am a deputy sheriff, but I don't worry about them. Even though it is just an unmarked, it is in the garage with my wife's "grocery getter" (mini van). My 14 year old Chevy pickup gets left out in the cold. I feel better having it out of sight and, especially on mornings where it doesn't get above zero, it is pretty nice to walk from the house out to the take home unmarked in the attached garage. As far as the deterrent effect, we had a guy who had has home burglarized and they went through his slick top marked car that was parked in the garage.

Comment

Mine sits in the driveway, no problems yet. I used to keep it in the garage, but my toy collection forced it out of doors.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

When I was in patrol I always parked mine in my driveway. Never had any problems. Of course, generally people in this part of the country still have a bit of respect for law enforcement.
                      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Apartment complex. No problems yet.

Comment

I've wondered quite a bit about this...and I've talked to a bunch of the officers at my Dept. about it. They've been on the job here for a long time, and all are of the opinion that parking it in the driveway is a good idea.

I think the mentality is that people won't mess with you because they know the police have guns, etc...

I'm looking forward to it. My neighborhood isn't bad, but we have had people walking around knocking on doors and stuff. My street is also considered a thoroughfare, so I'm hopeful that the presence of my squad car will slow the traffic down a little bit (at least at first, til people figure it out).

Comment

Originally posted by Presence 1* View Post
                            I've wondered quite a bit about this...and I've talked to a bunch of the officers at my Dept. about it. They've been on the job here for a long time, and all are of the opinion that parking it in the driveway is a good idea.

I think the mentality is that people won't mess with you because they know the police have guns, etc...

I'm looking forward to it. My neighborhood isn't bad, but we have had people walking around knocking on doors and stuff. My street is also considered a thoroughfare, so I'm hopeful that the presence of my squad car will slow the traffic down a little bit (at least at first, til people figure it out).
                            Tell that one to the 5 Deputies that have been murdered off duty (4 in front of, in, or near their house) since I started in 1988.

I dont know about your bad guys, but ours could care less if we 'have guns'......it is considered a badge of honor to assault and kill a LEO here.

Comment

When I lived in the city, it was parked in the street in front of the house. Now that I'm in the middle of the country, I park it in the driveway....granted, you can't see the driveway from the road...but still...LOL
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5148 users online. 286 members and 4862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X