300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average time/distance

In order to maintain you and your family's personal safety an officer usually drives a considerable distance to keep his work and living conditions distant.

So my question to you all is, how far do you guys live outside your patrol beats? I know there really isn't a magic number but on your own personal standards what is the proper time/distance?

Thank you,
    Futurelaw89

I guesss it would depend where you work....I lived in the area/city I patrolled then moved for school district reasons and now live 1 city away. Neither neighborhood is/was "da hood"...so i guess it depends on the quality of where you are
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

22 Miles. .

Comment

123 miles and a change of elevation of 7000'. But I've also been a resident deputy and it took me 2 minutes to walk to the office.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
          123 miles and a change of elevation of 7000'. But I've also been a resident deputy and it took me 2 minutes to walk to the office.

That's about what...1hr 30min commute?

Futurelaw89

Comment

It takes me 45 minutes to work, but leaving the city I work in had nothing to do with safety, it was a financial decision.

Comment

minute wise, its @ 13 min to station
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

20 mins.. not for officer safety but I still prefer to live where no one knows I am a cop

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                  In order to maintain you and your family's personal safety an officer usually drives a considerable distance to keep his work and living conditions distant.
                  Who told you that? Someone is feeding you a line.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                    Who told you that? Someone is feeding you a line.
                    You know what? That's what I'm starting to believe by reading these replies that I've seen.

Futurelaw89

Comment

3 miles. But used to travel 45 minutes each way.
                      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

5 minutes/1.4 miles
                        Just about all of us make our homes in a town some other cop doesn't want to live in.

Comment

I live in the dead center of my patrol area and my commute to work is a little less than 5 seconds....
                          Originally posted by kontemplerande
                          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                            I live in the dead center of my patrol area and my commute to work is a little less than 5 seconds....
                            Same here,actually I guess it is more like 10 seconds since I have to navigate around the wifes car and my truck to get to the unit.,even if I didn't have a take home I live about 1/2 mile from the office.
                            Also you(OP) need to realize a lot of depts have residency requirements ,so there really CANT be a great distance to commute.
                            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I've lived within bicycle distance and currently live about a 30-minute drive. If I could afford to live in the town I work, I would. Great schools and a nice community.
                              "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4062 users online. 211 members and 3851 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X