X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the US police uses Emp-tasers??

Hello,

I have a question.
    In our city in The Netherlands we have much trouble with stolen scooters/motorbikes who drives like grazy across the streets. The bikers don't stop for the police and also provoke the police.
    In The Netherlands, i don't know about the USA, it's not allowed to chase the bikes because of danger of the other traffic and people. It's also not allowed to crash or shoot at the bike.

I've heard there's something like an EMP-taser (Electromagnetic pulse) that stops and damages all the electric in the bike, so the bike will stop directly. The Sweden police should have this taser.
    Does the police in The USA also uses the EMP-taser.

Greetings from The Netherlands

Greetings from the USA.

I do not know of any agency that uses this device. Sounds like a good idea though.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

+1 on what SlowDownThere says. I've never heard of this item being used in the US.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...sigpic

Comment

I have read about it but it has not been perfected. One of the problems is that its beam is not sufficiently focused to avoid disabling other vehicles in the area.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There was a pilot program some years ago at Raceway USA (a racing and emergency driving training center) but it wasn't consistent enough to be a valid technique here. The unit worked just fine, but trying to get it to your suspect vehicle provided to be more than a bit a tricky.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Onstar can shut a car down.
            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              I have read about it but it has not been perfected. One of the problems is that its beam is not sufficiently focused to avoid disabling other vehicles in the area.

This.

The technology has definitely been thought of and experimented with, but I don't think it's near being ready for usage yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3400 users online. 165 members and 3235 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X