300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about NJ State Police

I just want to start off and say that I was born, and lived most of my life, in New Jersey. About 3 years ago, I moved up to Maine. I'm more of a city guy, but I have friends up here, and it's not to bad of a place to be.

I've had several ride-along's with the Maine State Police. I love the way they operate. A lot of follow-up and criminal investigation, but they still put the same amount of effort into effectively finding crime, being pro-active, and such like that.

Before I had a ride-along with the M.S.P, I thought the primary job of a Trooper was to sit on the interstate and monitor traffic. I had no idea how deep their job actually gets.

What i'm wondering is, do the NJ State Troopers do the same thing? I'd imagine the job is different in many ways, but is it still the same concept? I've always invisioned moving back to NJ at some point, but I love the way the Maine Troopers operate. I just don't know if the laid-back, not-very-busy type of environment would be my nature. I like being busy, with lots of stuff to do all the time.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

~54
    Lincoln County Correctional Officer

Go to www.njlawman.com. Check out the NJSP section and Im sure you will get a better and more accurate reponse as NJSP Troopers post on that site.
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

NJSP mainly patrol the HWYs, but some are assigned to barracks that do provide services to small towns that do not have a local police department. They also have a buttload of specialized units, so once you put your time in, you can apply for just about anything. I have a few friends that worked the Camden City tac pac and had a ball. Proactive policing all day everyday.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Or you can listen to Stormz, who gave you very accurate info.

Stop following me around lol.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Didnt they also take over NJ capitol police and NJ Marine police bureau.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

They sure did.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
              They sure did.
              I would of loved to been NJ marine police either out of Cape May/Wildwood or Sandy Hook. The summer scenery must be fantastic. Just ask the NJ State park police guys at Island beach.

Comment

Im sure it is..but that all they guys at the NJSPP having going for them! The scenery. Everything else is garbage. Too bad because I'm sure that NJSPP could be a sweet gig.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

They have to ride around in them boats in the winter too. Not so fun then. When they were absorbed, the Troopers hated those guys, cause they did not go through the same classes at Sea Girt, making them outsiders.
                  Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                    They have to ride around in them boats in the winter too. Not so fun then. When they were absorbed, the Troopers hated those guys, cause they did not go through the same classes at Sea Girt, making them outsiders.
                    Sometimes its better than dealing with the guidos at Rutherford or the wonderfull people of Camden!

Comment

Njsp

The NJSP is a general policing agency. Just about every "road station" is responsible for policing an area that doesn't have a local police or one that has a part-time agency; along with patrolling sections of Interstate highways. Exceptions are the Parkway and Turnpike! NJSP has lots of specialized units that road troopers are eligible for after 2 years of service on the road. As for the Capitol Police and Marine Officers, they merged quite a few years ago and yes there were some grumblings with the troops. But that isn't something new as the grumblings happened back in the 80's when the motor vehicle inspectors were merged. NJSP is a very active and troopers are extremely busy. Point to remember - NJSP is not a "highway patrol" agency, although troop cars are highly visible on the highways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6019 users online. 355 members and 5664 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X