300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsworn court security

our local SO is hiring for non sworn court security. what exactly do they do, and are they certified in firearms, tazer or anything for some kind of defense and/or public safety? what all are they allowed to do?

Wouldn't you think you would be better off asking whoever is hiring (SO) about the duties and responsibilities of the job? I mean, if someone was hiring, and I was interested, I would get more information from them. But maybe that's just me.

No one here is psychic, and while some other states and towns might have unsworn court security, things do not work the same in all parts of the country.
    Last edited by yellowreef; 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM.
    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...kes/index.html
      Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that what they "do" is provide security to the court, and they're allowed to provide security to the court.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by storm22 View Post
          our local SO is hiring for non sworn court security. what exactly do they do, and are they certified in firearms, tazer or anything for some kind of defense and/or public safety? what all are they allowed to do?

Its probably on the job announcement and it is OKAY to call the county HR for more detail in what the job entails.

Comment

Originally posted by storm22 View Post
            Probably monitor the metal detector at the entrance. I am guessing the sworn deputies handle the courtroom business.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 156 members and 3161 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X