• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• westside popo
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    HA! Indeed, you are correct!
    You should tell the local PD to run a dog along the outside of some of these students/"future" of our beloved countrys cars during classtime. See how many get popped

Call the narcotics unit. Some pay for good reliable tips.

Think financial aid / tuition assistance.

Every little bit helps!

I went to college and know the money can be tight sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    Originally posted by musclefan21 View Post
    wow!!!!!

one of those girls came HIGH to class today!!!!!!! and the other one was talking about her "rock" at home???

I am positive, these people are not there to be in the field, I think they are just bored or something...
    What kind of school are you attending?
    Last edited by westside popo; 09-27-2009, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Out of all the people I took CJ classes with way back when, perhaps 5% went on to actually enter law enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    It worked for NObama.
    HA! Indeed, you are correct!
    You should tell the local PD to run a dog along the outside of some of these students/"future" of our beloved countrys cars during classtime. See how many get popped

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    It worked for NObama.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Joufy View Post
    Haha! Hilariously true!
    Here you are again, posting in Ask a Cop.Please read the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Joufy
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
    That is why half of the people on ask a cop and the hiring section that inquire as to whether or not something will DQ them have a degree in criminal justice already.
    Haha! Hilariously true!

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    That is why half of the people on ask a cop and the hiring section that inquire as to whether or not something will DQ them have a degree in criminal justice already.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Pretty typical really, as in, you shouldn't be surprised. I would also avoid ANY voluntary association with that particular crew of handpicked idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Joufy
    replied
    Originally posted by musclefan21 View Post
    wow!!!!!

one of those girls came HIGH to class today!!!!!!! and the other one was talking about her "rock" at home???

I am positive, these people are not there to be in the field, I think they are just bored or something...
    At my University there is a large Criminology program with people just like that. I've seen students who on their Facebook pages openly post pictures of themselves using a giant bong, or passed out drunk on the floor. Right next to these are comments in their profile like "I am going to be a cop after grad!" Like everyone else said, these people will get weeded out. I'm glad that the LE application process is so thorough for exactly that reason.

If they're that open about their drug use to you, a practical stranger, they won't stand a chance against someone doing a background check, or a polygraph. Thankfully they are their own downfall.

Leave a comment:

• musclefan21
    replied
    wow!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• In It To Win It
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    Yes....the supply of idiots is absolutely endless
    True. They'll all dq, and then come to O.com and ask if what they did 6 months ago was really bad enough to dq them. They'll go to ask a cop, and proceed to have their posteriors handed to them. Study hard and go for it

Leave a comment:

• JayhawkFan
    replied
    Most of the people who apply for law enforcement have zero concept whatsoever of the job, or the requirements to be hired. Just go to a written test for any large city and you will see dozens of people who have no business even applying.

Leave a comment:

• damode1985
    replied
    Dont sweat it, they will all apply and get weeded little by little and before you know it, youll be the only eligible candidate in the pool with a job .

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
    I agree. I just sat through a class about polygraphs too. The man that taught the class is a criminal investigator for SD and is a polygraph examiner. I believed what he said (despite how much I hate polygraphs) that they are 99% accurate and the things people do to "beat" polygraphs are about as stupid and useless as the tricks to beat DUIs.
    Don't believe him. The accuracy and reliability of the polygraph is considerably below 99% and depends on the skill of the examiner and the specificity of the inquiry. Some people are not the least but disturbed when they lie, and others give positive reactions when they have done nothing wrong.

See http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10420&page=4
    CONCLUSION: Notwithstanding the limitations of the quality of the empirical research and the limited ability to generalize to real-world settings, we conclude that in populations of examinees such as those represented in the polygraph research literature, untrained in countermeasures, specific-incident polygraph tests can discriminate lying from truth telling at rates well above chance, though well below perfection. Because the studies of acceptable quality all focus on specific incidents, generalization from them to uses for screening is not justified. Because actual screening applications involve considerably more ambiguity for the examinee and in determining truth than arises in specific-incident studies, polygraph accuracy for screening purposes is almost certainly lower than what can be achieved by specific-incident polygraph tests in the field.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2760 users online. 180 members and 2580 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X