X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by mustanginky View Post
    It's just confusing with all the statements it makes. I can see an argument for me carrying and against it (by law).
    Once more, contact your Agency Legal Section/Attorney. It's imperative that both you and your Agency understand the provisions of HR 218. It's not all that hard to do.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
    Are you a Sworn LEO who is able to make arrest on and off duty?
    And authorized to carry a weapon by your agency. There are a few sworn LEO's out there that are not authorized to carry concealed by HR 218.

Another sticky wicket that comes up is that sworn LEO's are allowed to carry under HR 218, but their agencies don't allow it. You won't be charged criminally but can still be disciplined by your agency....

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    It's just confusing with all the statements it makes. I can see an argument for me carrying and against it (by law).
    How is is confusing? Are you a Sworn LEO who is able to make arrest on and off duty? Again, ask your agency!

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    If you have powers of arrest (which I am sure you do as a parole officer) and are authorized to carry a firearm on duty (I certainly hope so!) then all you need is your current law-enforcement ID. You are covered as long as you are not under the influence.

Leave a comment:

• mustanginky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ISPCAPT
    replied
    What irishlad said. Contact your agency attorney.
    You can read LEOSA and determine if you meet all the requirements. If you don't know then none of us would surely know.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    A former president signed a bill allowing LEOs to carry concealed in any state

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Okay, so I'm a KY state parole officer. i've worked there for 11 months, and I worked in the prison for about 2 years before there. I am a sworn officer to arrest and detain persons, etc...am I good under HR 218 to carry concealed? anyone else who knows more about it or is a PO feel free to chime in. Thanks alot! I can't see having an issue around here (locally) but wouldn't want some out of state issues. this law is very vague.
    Check with your Agency!

Leave a comment:

• mustanginky
    started a topic Am I okay?

Am I okay?

Okay, so I'm a KY state parole officer. i've worked there for 11 months, and I worked in the prison for about 2 years before there. I am a sworn officer to arrest and detain persons, etc...am I good under HR 218 to carry concealed? anyone else who knows more about it or is a PO feel free to chime in. Thanks alot! I can't see having an issue around here (locally) but wouldn't want some out of state issues. this law is very vague.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2744 users online. 193 members and 2551 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X