300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I okay?

Okay, so I'm a KY state parole officer. i've worked there for 11 months, and I worked in the prison for about 2 years before there. I am a sworn officer to arrest and detain persons, etc...am I good under HR 218 to carry concealed? anyone else who knows more about it or is a PO feel free to chime in. Thanks alot! I can't see having an issue around here (locally) but wouldn't want some out of state issues. this law is very vague.

Originally posted by mustanginky View Post
    Okay, so I'm a KY state parole officer. i've worked there for 11 months, and I worked in the prison for about 2 years before there. I am a sworn officer to arrest and detain persons, etc...am I good under HR 218 to carry concealed? anyone else who knows more about it or is a PO feel free to chime in. Thanks alot! I can't see having an issue around here (locally) but wouldn't want some out of state issues. this law is very vague.
    Check with your Agency!
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

A former president signed a bill allowing LEOs to carry concealed in any state
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

What irishlad said. Contact your agency attorney.
        You can read LEOSA and determine if you meet all the requirements. If you don't know then none of us would surely know.
        183 FBINA

Comment

It's just confusing with all the statements it makes. I can see an argument for me carrying and against it (by law).

Comment

If you have powers of arrest (which I am sure you do as a parole officer) and are authorized to carry a firearm on duty (I certainly hope so!) then all you need is your current law-enforcement ID. You are covered as long as you are not under the influence.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's just confusing with all the statements it makes. I can see an argument for me carrying and against it (by law).
              How is is confusing? Are you a Sworn LEO who is able to make arrest on and off duty? Again, ask your agency!
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                Are you a Sworn LEO who is able to make arrest on and off duty?
                And authorized to carry a weapon by your agency. There are a few sworn LEO's out there that are not authorized to carry concealed by HR 218.

Another sticky wicket that comes up is that sworn LEO's are allowed to carry under HR 218, but their agencies don't allow it. You won't be charged criminally but can still be disciplined by your agency....
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Once more, contact your Agency Legal Section/Attorney. It's imperative that both you and your Agency understand the provisions of HR 218. It's not all that hard to do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4726 users online. 234 members and 4492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X