300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed weapon at restaraunt

Hey everyone, I just got off the phone with my friend who said he was at a restaurant with his girlfriend and this drunk guy was also there sitting near them. He said the guy took a .22 out of his pocket at put it on the counter. Staff called the PD and about 7 officers showed up and placed him under arrest with no conflict. The guy was saying he had a permit and this and that blah blah but what would he get charged with in this kind of incident? Possession of a concealed firearm while under the influence? Would public intoxication also be a charge?

edit: He also said if he wanted to shoot someone he already would have (smart comment on his part)

Thank You
    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 09-12-2009, 08:19 PM.

Your question can only be answered by someone who is familiar with Connecticut law, and may require more info about the facts.

I am sure that the open carry fanatics will tell you that what he did was absolutely legal and protected by the Second Amendment, and the police should be prosecuted for violating his civil rights.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

good point, and I was told that he put the gun on the counter, staff notified the police, while the police were enroute no one took the gun off the counter (I understand the shock and people not wanting to touch the gun) and the guy took the gun and put it back in his pocket and police pulled it off him on the frisk. But I mean when he took that gun back, anything could have happend, before authorities showed up or right when they showed up, anything could have happend - he was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
        Your question can only be answered by someone who is familiar with Connecticut law, and may require more info about the facts.

I am sure that the open carry fanatics will tell you that what he did was absolutely legal and protected by the Second Amendment, and the police should be prosecuted for violating his civil rights.

Well, I'm a huge supporter/practitioner of O.C., and this guy won't get any defense from me, unless there were some pretty unusual extenuating circumstances. On the evidence given, he sounds like a retaded rectal-chapeau.

Comment

In AL if your are intoxicated your pistol permit is invalid.
          "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

I would think CT would have a similar law. TN also has one for possession weapon under the influence, regardless if the holder has a permit or not.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

It depends on what the law is there.

In MN I believe you can have an BAC of .04 with a permit, so if he blew and he was under that, then he would be free to go.

Now if at .04 and acting intoxicated that may change it. Plus, I believe in MN that would be brandishing his firearm and that could get him into trouble also.

Comment

In TX, he would be arrested for Unlawful Carrying Of A Hangun by a License Holder because he carried the firearm while intoxicated (Misdemeanor) and it would be a felony to have the weapon in his possession if the establishment generates 51% of its revenue through alcohol sales.

A copy of the report would get sent to DPS and his license would get revoked.
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Well, if someone laid a gun on the counter in front of me I'd consider it a threat and that's assault in my state. Even without that it would still be a crime for possessing a gun while intoxicated.

Comment

Originally posted by stillamarine View Post
                    In AL if your are intoxicated your pistol permit is invalid.
                    And, will probably get pulled.

Comment

Without even considering whether or not the permit is valid while he's been drinking, most states also have a law against brandishing or improperly displaying a firearm. You can't unholster your weapon unless you're responding to some sort of threat, no matter whether or not you have a permit.

Comment

I'm willing to bet there's more to his intentions. He pulled the gun out because he wanted a reaction.
                        If he had a conceal carry license he could have kept it concealed and no one would have known.
                        Instead he chose to show every one that he was drunk with a gun. I hope they fry him
                        Last edited by leesrt; 09-14-2009, 05:30 AM.
                        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                          I'm willing to bet there's more to his intentions. He pulled the gun out because he wanted a reaction.
                          If he had a conceal carry license he could have kept it concealed and no one would have known.
                          Instead he chose to show every one that he was drunk with a gun. I hope they dry him
                          I thought the same thing. It sounds to me like he got exactly what he wanted- attention. Was a B/A% done?

Comment

Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
                            Was a B/A% done?
                            My friend doesn't know what happend once they took him out of the restaurant in cuffs but I would assume they would have him blow or pull his blood (Unless you always need a warrant for blood)??

Comment

In Arkansas he would be prosecuted for possession of a handgun while intoxicated. He could also be charged with terroristic threatening, assault, carrying a weapon, and downright stupidity.
                              Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4611 users online. 291 members and 4320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X