300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Simulator at the academy

Has anyone ever used a driving simulator at the academy? I'll be entering the academy in a week and one of the new tools they have acquired is the police driving simulator. This simulator will not take the place of the driving portion of the academy. In fact, it's an additional tool that will be used to simulate car chases and any other dangerous car scenario that an officer may face.
    I think it's a great tool to help a new recruit understand what happens during a car chase and how quickly it may turn deadly.
    Has anyone ever heard of or used this type of simulator? If so, how was it? Did you feel that you benefited from this training?

Thanks in advance,
    J
    Let only one man decide your fate... YOU
    Treat everyone with respect, but have a plan to kill them!

The San Bernardino Sheriff's Academy EVOC program use to have a driving simulator. When I worked there, we used it for problem students, ambulance drivers, fire department trainees. I am certain that it is still in place and has been upgraded since my involvement. It is a valuable and essential tool to create awareness and confidence.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I've used one. Found it pointless and boring. There's nothing (that doesn't cost billions of dollars) that can accurately simulate the experience of real pursuit driving, or the physics involved in real vehicle operation. I found the simulator far too "video game" like and found it to be a waste of time and money. Save the simulator time for the arcade, drive the real cars.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

The only thing about the simulators I found helpful was the radio communication part.

Comment

We had a driving simulator, and the only thing it did to me was give me motion sickness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5970 users online. 356 members and 5614 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X