Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing "official" but, a few times after 9/11 and also during Hurricane Katrina Response down in MS. It fealt really good. I remember one guy shortly after 9/11 who came up to me and said excuse me officer.... Of course I was like WTF I don't need any S#&T right now (we had been working 13 hour shifts 6-7 days a week for like 8 weeks straight) I was tired and cranky but, after I said what he said "I just wanted to say Thank you for what you do. I know it's a thankless job and just wanted you to know it matters" I was like Damn! That was nice. It fealt good. Down in MS after Katrina I kept seeing the same girl at a Temporary medical aid station I was stationed out at. She was there for a broken leg she suffered from the storm and receiving various treatment. Most all of the hospitals in the area were over croweded or not in service cause of bad storm damage so peole would come to these like "MASH" units for care. I saw her at least 4-5 times there one day after leaving she came up to me and just hugged me and said thank you for coming to help us and that i was always really sweet to her each time she came in. It fealt really good to hear that from a citizen.
    Last edited by k91king3; 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM.
    sigpic
    Formerly Username k91376
    " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

I was directing traffic on a horribly rainy day on the expressway after a traffic accident. We are issued raincoats, but have no hood so the water just goes in through the neck and down your uniform. So needless to say I was completely soaked and not a happy camper standing there praying the 18 wheelers wouldnt ram me and my vehicle into oblivion. An old man in his vehicle gets in the lane adjacent to my unit and rolls down his window. 99% of the time this precedes "uh, what happened down the highway?" which just irritates me more but instead he stuck out a new umbrella and said that I needed it more than he did. I declined it (I think it would just look foolish to be directing traffic while holding up an umbrella) and thanked him and he went on his way. At least for that day, i knew not everyone was a jerk.

Comment

Last week after I wrote somebody a ticket, she said thanks for being such a cool cop. I could have wrote her 3, but I told her I really only write 1 when I stop people.
        I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

Several times. One was a member here and put up a thread about the encounter. I got a letter from my boss and I sent them a PM thanking them. I think it embarassed them a bit.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I've gotten many, and like everyone else...it always boosts your morale for the day. I've even gotten some "thanks for trying" type of letters. Once when doing CPR on an amish heart attack victim I got a letter thanking me for trying to save their family member, and that the whole village was praying for me type of thing. That was awfully nice. I pulled a 4 year old out of a fire 8 years ago and may have saved her life...that family has sent me a Christmas card with a photo of her as she grows up each Christmas. It's always nice to get that.

I got a letter in my mailbox just the other day which started out sounding like a compliment, but was actually written in jest. It said basically "thank you for arresting me for OWI, since you did your job so well, I've lost mine, my wife has moved out, i'm probably going to lose my kids, etc, etc, etc. He also made sure to point out that he'd drank so much that night because he and his wife had gotten into an argument. I found it funny, because he denied drinking the whole time and was a belligerent @ss. I made sure to scan the letter and forward it to the prosecutor to add to the case file.
              Originally posted by K40
              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by fleetguy View Post
                Last week after I wrote somebody a ticket, she said thanks for being such a cool cop. I could have wrote her 3, but I told her I really only write 1 when I stop people.
                I've had people thank me profusely for writing them only a warning. I've also had parents call in and thank me for stopping their son/daughter from driving like idiots.
                Originally posted by K40
                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

I'm active duty military, and whenever I'm at a store/restaraunt (usually while on lunch break in uniform) and they offer a military discount, I ask if they offer a law enforcement discount or firefighter discount. The usual response is a confused look on their face as they say "Uhh no, I don't think so." To which I reply, "Why not?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 255 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X