Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking Into A House (question on gun law)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Into A House (question on gun law)

my cousins house was broken into in the middle of the night last night, and i was just curious... this is from a civilian standpoint not an officers. ive been under the impression someone breaking into your house = fair game to shoot. now i understand your supposed to use deadly force when imminent danger and bodily harm is going to occur. however, in your home is the law different were you can shoot a suspect breaking in? also a professor had told me they changed the law in shooting a person in your home with their back turned to you. is this legal to do now or was my professor just uninformed? we havent gotten to this part in the BRT so i was curious as to what a cop would say. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Andy15R View Post
    my cousins house was broken into in the middle of the night last night, and i was just curious... this is from a civilian standpoint not an officers. ive been under the impression someone breaking into your house = fair game to shoot. now i understand your supposed to use deadly force when imminent danger and bodily harm is going to occur. however, in your home is the law different were you can shoot a suspect breaking in? also a professor had told me they changed the law in shooting a person in your home with their back turned to you. is this legal to do now or was my professor just uninformed? we havent gotten to this part in the BRT so i was curious as to what a cop would say. Thanks guys!
    Alabama permits fatal force under the "Castle Doctrine". Check the laws of your state. Determine what the law is, and what it permits.

Comment

Post the question in the Florida section and you might find an usable answer by someone with experience in Florida.

Comment

Read Florida Statutes Chapter 776.

Comment

Your coverage may vary from state to state
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              Your coverage may vary from state to state
              Yup.....dont go shooting the guy because you heard on the internet it was legal in Texas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6804 users online. 377 members and 6427 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X