300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey jobs

I currently have 11 years on with a pd in PA. We are located along the Delaware River across from Gloucester County, NJ. I live in Gloucester County and would like to find a job somewhere in the county. Is this possible or is it a long shot?

Any advice.

IT's a long shot! Unless it's a "chief's test" town. Otherwise you will have to take the civil service test that is given every 2 years. Next one will be given mid-2010 with the announcement this December (2009). And remember there is a maximum hiring age of 35.

Comment

I work in Gloucester Co, but we are civil service. There a a lot of police departments in the county and only (3) are civil service, so your chances are better. One of the guys that I work with had (5) year on in Lower Marion, and came over, but had to go through the full academy, cause my department WILL NOT apply for a waiver. With all the alternate route canidates out there, you might have a tough time. Best bet is to take the civil service test and live in one of the CS towns or hope for the Sheriffs Department.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by k9luther View Post
        I currently have 11 years on with a pd in PA. We are located along the Delaware River across from Gloucester County, NJ. I live in Gloucester County and would like to find a job somewhere in the county. Is this possible or is it a long shot?

Any advice.
        How can you work in PA and live in NJ. I thought most departments (minus bridge and septa) require a PA license?

Stormz...Picture from the dix website?
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Ummm, yeah....Wrong name was in the paper though. PA does not require residency in the state.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
            Ummm, yeah....Wrong name was in the paper though. PA does not require residency in the state.
            I know I recognized the pic..

But in order to have a PA license you must live in PA. I know most departments in the Philly area require a PA license.

Comment

residency

a few depts in our county do not require a PA license. We happen to be one

Comment

Originally posted by k9luther View Post
                a few depts in our county do not require a PA license. We happen to be one
                Are these departments civil service and require an act 120 in Delco? I live here and am just wondering.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4763 users online. 274 members and 4489 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X