Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under 21 Experience Oppertunities?

Delaware is 21 to get hired.

Does anyone know of places in northern Delaware that you can get hired at under 21 that would give some kind of experience or would look good when you go to apply for State or County?

Dispatcher, code enforcement, Community Service Officer, Detention aid..

Comment

Does that 21 apply to all of the seasonal officers on the coast? I know Dewey, Rehobeth, and Bethany beaches all hire seasonal officers for the summers. They don't carry a sidearm so I don't think you need to be 21 for those spots. If you can do it it's a good opportunity and great experience. still a LEO (all be it a temp) but, with full arrest powers and carry everything but a sidearm. They get into alot during the summer. If I am wrong about the whole being 21 thing even for the temp positions..... 10-22 this my bad.
      sigpic
      Formerly Username k91376
      " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

Although I was over 21, I dispatched between my "episode" of being a high school teacher and being a po po.

Comment

Outside of Del Doc your not going to find much in New Castle county. Del Doc only requires you to be 19. You can apply to one of the seasonal jobs also. I think most of the towns are dispatched through New Castle county recom and they were hiring.

Just a heads up but Delaware does not have county corrections.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I've never lived there, but here's what I can tell you...

Talk to your local Colleges...see if there are any PD internship programs...

Also, see if any local PD's have any seasonal/temp programs...

Last option: Voli FD...You'd be surprised what you can see and learn in a busy Dept...(I sure was).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3235 users online. 151 members and 3084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X