Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kieth M.
    replied
    32 years ago, hired by the one and only agency I applied for, LAPD.

After retiring, 18 months ago, applied with eight, tested and processed with five, turned down by four (not the PD management, but their town risk managers, due to a pending work comp claim back in L.A.) and hired by the very last one I applied with.

That agency has several, like me, who compete for the title, Most Grateful Employee.

Leave a comment:

• Jenners
    replied
    I thought this was actually about getting picked last in gym class. Which I was, routinely. Ahh the joys of being a chubby kid and not athletically inclined....

Anyways. Was going through the process with three departments, all three had me in the top three of the lists and all three wanted me. Got hired by the one I wanted within a couple hours of the oral board; couldn't be happier.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Applied to 5, turned down for 1, accepted by 2, still in the process with 2 when I took my current position.

Leave a comment:

• Xerious
    replied
    I applied to 3...and took the first one that offered me a job.

Leave a comment:

• 1SuperTrooper
    replied
    4 individually, no bites.... Then we have a test that most agencies in my area work with, that allows you to test with up to around 100 agencies. I chose the 23 in my area and was offered a position from the one I didn't really want to work for. Funny enough I could not be happier. I hope to retire here.
    1 for 27 I guess....

Leave a comment:

• 1SuperTrooper
    replied
    4 individually, no bites.... Then we have a test that most agencies in my area work with, that allows you to test with up to around 100 agencies. I chose the 23 in my area and was offered a position from the one I didn't really want to work for. Funny enough I could not be happier. I hope to retire here.
    1 for 27 I guess....

Leave a comment:

• fleetguy
    replied
    turned down by one and hired by the one I really wanted to work for.

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    I applied for one and got it.

Of course, I'm a friggin' Rockstar!!!!

lol.

Just kidding. Just lucky to get it and it took a lot of work and dedication. I had to be a CSO for quite some time also, which was a big cut in pay that didn't help my mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    My first time around I applied to 9 agencies and got hired by the last one I applied too as they offered me the first job.

Leave a comment:

• BenjaminsDad
    replied
    I tested for LAPD in January and was hired in June. Only LE application I ever filled out.

Leave a comment:

• goodfella
    replied
    8 tests

been offered 2 positions

Leave a comment:

• Rasmblack
    replied
    I applied to 7 different agencies and 2 of them twice before I got picked up. I had a clean history but had a problem with the written tests. I finally got on a dept that I like and was not that high on my list. I got lucky in that reguard.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor1430
    replied
    Applied for one and still work for the same agency.

Is there something in your background that is preventing you from getting picked up? If not, I would not be to discouraged. I've heard of people applying to 10 to 20 (or more) agencies before they were picked up. Some of it may be a regional thing and the job marked. I'm seeing more and more people from up north coming down to MD for work in LE.

Leave a comment:

• nasa808
    replied
    I have applied to 5 different agencies. I was rejected once, turned down 2 in the end, and have worked for two different police agencies.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    I have applied to two in my career and have worked at both.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 271 members and 4110 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X