300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting picked last in gym class?

After reading threads and posts, I'm curious to ask.. How many departments did you apply to before one picked you up?

I have applied to two in my career and have worked at both.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I have applied to 5 different agencies. I was rejected once, turned down 2 in the end, and have worked for two different police agencies.
      We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Applied for one and still work for the same agency.

Is there something in your background that is preventing you from getting picked up? If not, I would not be to discouraged. I've heard of people applying to 10 to 20 (or more) agencies before they were picked up. Some of it may be a regional thing and the job marked. I'm seeing more and more people from up north coming down to MD for work in LE.

Comment

I applied to 7 different agencies and 2 of them twice before I got picked up. I had a clean history but had a problem with the written tests. I finally got on a dept that I like and was not that high on my list. I got lucky in that reguard.
          What Is A Veteran?
          A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

8 tests

been offered 2 positions

Comment

I tested for LAPD in January and was hired in June. Only LE application I ever filled out.

Comment

My first time around I applied to 9 agencies and got hired by the last one I applied too as they offered me the first job.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I applied for one and got it.

Of course, I'm a friggin' Rockstar!!!!

lol.

Just kidding. Just lucky to get it and it took a lot of work and dedication. I had to be a CSO for quite some time also, which was a big cut in pay that didn't help my mortgage.

Comment

turned down by one and hired by the one I really wanted to work for.
                    I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

4 individually, no bites.... Then we have a test that most agencies in my area work with, that allows you to test with up to around 100 agencies. I chose the 23 in my area and was offered a position from the one I didn't really want to work for. Funny enough I could not be happier. I hope to retire here.
                      1 for 27 I guess....

Comment

4 individually, no bites.... Then we have a test that most agencies in my area work with, that allows you to test with up to around 100 agencies. I chose the 23 in my area and was offered a position from the one I didn't really want to work for. Funny enough I could not be happier. I hope to retire here.
                        1 for 27 I guess....

Comment

I applied to 3...and took the first one that offered me a job.
                          http://www.truepolicestories.net - my website of all my stories as a police officer. Please read it and become a member!

Comment

Applied to 5, turned down for 1, accepted by 2, still in the process with 2 when I took my current position.
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I thought this was actually about getting picked last in gym class. Which I was, routinely. Ahh the joys of being a chubby kid and not athletically inclined....

Anyways. Was going through the process with three departments, all three had me in the top three of the lists and all three wanted me. Got hired by the one I wanted within a couple hours of the oral board; couldn't be happier.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5289 users online. 331 members and 4958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X