300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Border Patrol Academy

I was wondering if they taze you at the BP Academy... Also if they spray you with pepper spray....

Whether or not they do, it's not that big a deal.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

To my knowledge, you do not get tazed at the Academy. If your station has tasers available, then you will go through that training in the Field Training Unit. (Not every station has tasers yet. Ssssh, it's a secret.) You will be exposed to OC spray at Artesia. I don't know if they still expose you to CS Gas or not, someone who has been to the Academy more recently than I will have to confirm or deny that.

As Mr. DAL states, it's not that big a deal. Once done, it's done. That is, until you spray someone and get it on you too. Trust me, that blows. (Pun intended.)

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

Worry more about passing the big 3:
        Law
        Spanish
        Firearms

A famous story from years ago at the BP Academy:

"Jones, if you flunk this next Spanish test, you are out"
        "But Chief, I'm #1 in shooting"
        "Yes, but we talk to a lot more people than we shoot!"
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Went through the BP Academy in 2006 (Sep-Jan). The Academy has changed somewhat dramatically since then, but the only thing I was exposed to was the OC spray. HonorFirst.com is the website you need to visit.

Comment

You will not only be sprayed with copious amounts of OC (pepper spray), but you will also have to fight one or two rather large PT instructors for some time after being sprayed, until another instructor decides your *** has been kicked enough.
            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I second that, yellowreef!!!! What station are you at?

Comment

My brother in law even had to give commands in Spanish when he was OC'd.

Based on his statements, I would agree that knowing the law and Spanish are the bigger deal than getting sprayed.

Comment

My brother went through last year. He did not get tased, but had to fight a couple of PT instructors and call for backup after being OC'd.

Comment

The posts have been accurate.

OC = yes
                    A lot = yes
                    Tased = no

It's a few hours of hell and that's it. Don't sweat it.

The law and the SPANISH are most important. I know that the Spanish in the "new program" isn't that big of a deal, but seriously it needs to be learned. If not, you are going to be a mess once you get out here in the field.

HonorFirst.com please check it out.

Comment

I'm not nervous about it. I've been sprayed before. I just like being in "the know"

Comment

Originally posted by JacobM View Post
                        I'm not nervous about it. I've been sprayed before. I just like being in "the know"
                        If you want to be "in the know" about all things BP process and academy, do as others suggested and go to the forum at www.honorfirst.com
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I posted this elsewhere, but quick question, what is minimum age, I thought years ago i saw 21, but recently I'm hearing 18.

If it is 18, how can you possess a handgun under federal law if there requirment to purchase an HG is 21 ?...

Comment

As posted in the other thread as well, there is no minimum age for federal law enforcement, only a max age.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                              I posted this elsewhere, but quick question, what is minimum age, I thought years ago i saw 21, but recently I'm hearing 18.

If it is 18, how can you possess a handgun under federal law if there requirment to purchase an HG is 21 ?...
                              Because you don't have to purchase it. The service will assign you one, but it belongs to the government. The posession law says 18...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4045 users online. 256 members and 3789 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X