300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodline

My father, who is a correctional officer, got my brother and I interested in law enforcement when we were very young. He didn't force us to get into law enforcement, it just happened. My older brother went off to become a CHP officer and I'm pursuing LAPD after I finish college.

So, my question to you is how many of you LEOs grew up with a family member in law enforcement? And how many of you have kids interested in following in your footsteps?

Thank you for any response,
    Futurelaw89

I graduated the academy 08/06/1976, my son graduated 08/01/1996...thought that was pretty neat.
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

First good for you. I hope all of your dreams and aspirations come true.

To answer your question, I have multiple, close relatives who were and currently still are in law enforcement. All levels, from local to state to federal. And yes, their influence has everything to do with why I decided to pursue a career in law enforcement.

My oldest son says he wishes to follow in my footsteps. Military, then LE. I won't be unhappy if he does too. But of course, I hope a good education is thrown in there somewhere too. And, I'm sure to tell him, that NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES, I'll always be proud of him.
      Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I followed in my dads footsteps. He is in his 30th year with his department. I think it is the best profession in the world. I wouldnt want to do anything else. I work in a Township that borders him. It was cool being sworn in with him there.

Comment

As far as I know, I am the first one in my entire extended family on both sides to be in law enforcement. My younger brother also is a LEO.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I followed in my father's footsteps, it was a great honor to have him pin my badge on me and make him proud.
            In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Oh, a couple of people in my family

Dad - Sergeant, West Texas Sheriff's Office
              Mom - Investigator, East Texas Police Department
              Step-Mom - Jailer, West Texas SO
              Step-Dad - Recently left position as a Corporal with an East Texas PD
              Brother - Dallas area PD
              Sister - Texas DPS - Capitol Security in Austin
              Uncle (Mom's Brother) - Retired East Texas PD Investigator
              Aunt (Dad's Sister-In-Law) - Retired Texas A&M University Police Sergeant

and several generations ago, I can trace my direct bloodline back to the first Major of the Texas Rangers.
              sigpic
              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Dad was KCMO cop til retirement......my kids are still very young and I would support nearly any career they wanted but would want them to go into something where you can actually make some $$$$ and NOT have to wear a bullet resistant vest
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

My extended family includes Officers from the San Diego Harbor Police, LAPD, and the Alabama Dept of Public Safety. We're all retired now, and all of us seem to be enjoying that. To answer your question specifically, the answer is "No" We're the first in all of our families to pursue LE careers.

Comment

I was the first.

Comment

Closest I've got in the family is my grandmother's nephew (2nd uncle? I dunno) who I've met a fist full of times. He was a postal inspector. I'm the first in LE for my immediate family.

If my son follows in my footsteps I'll be proud of him, but I'm not pushing him in that direction.
                      I miss you, Dave.
                      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                        So, my question to you is how many of you LEOs grew up with a family member in law enforcement? And how many of you have kids interested in following in your footsteps?

My dad was in law enforcement, as was his father. Although, they were mostly on the other side of it.
                        “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

I was numero uno... Mostly military in my family. It was a dream that I had since I was a kid from watching all those episodes of COPS! I hope one day to have a son in law enforcement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2971 users online. 148 members and 2823 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X