300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I failed my background ????????

I have been with my dept. as a full time employee for almost ten years, plus one year as a part timer. I was a public safety officer supervisor. I was laid off due to lack of funds. I was offered a new job as a dispatcher. I had to redo my background for this new position. A couple of weeks ago I was told that I failed my background and that my services were no longer needed, I was fired. They would not tell me the details, just simply that I failed my background and thats it. This was my third background with the same department. My first was when I applied as a CSO, I passed. The second was a couple of years later when I promoted to supervisor, I passed. This time around the only changes were that I have kids, live at new address, and my credit history was "bad", but, I have paid off most of my credit cards. I failed. I just don't understand. All of my evals have been outstanding. Nothing big as far as disipline in my record. Never got a ticket or been taken in to custody. Is credit history that much of a big deal ?????

Man, that sounds fishy. Not saying you're hiding anything, but that's B.S. Is that how y'all role in CA? That's not how you're supposed to treat your employees.

Comment

I agree, something doesnt sound right
      I would ask someone who you may know in the detective bureau, (theyre usually the ones doing the investigating), or ask the chief, (depending on the size of your dept) or the commander of your division.
      Tell them you are not looking to start any problems but nothing in your life has changed and after 10 years of service you think you may deserve at least a brief explanation
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

The federal government requires me to re do my security clearance every so many years, It may have been good to get me the job, and god for a few years, but things change and you can lose it for various reasons. I suspect that your credit might have something to do with the issues, some departments do not accept bankruptcies, or a debt to earnings ratio over so much, re read your contract and see what the stipulations about credit are, if you do not find anything re read the whole thing and do an honest assessment and see if anything falls into any category that is not favorable.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

+1 DACP

More and more departments are paying closer attention to credit ratings and debt issues. I know it is something that is definitely looked at on my department.
          Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

bad credit and unresolved debt can be a big factor for some departments. That's the only theory I can give you, is that your credit affected your B.I.

Comment

SGPSO

Check your PM.

L-1
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

... ... ...
                Last edited by rfburns; 09-01-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Absolutely doesn't sound right. Based upon your supplied info. I'd say you have every right in the book to know why you were disqualified. Do you have any union representation? A Human Resources/Personel dept.?

Without getting too personal, define "bad" credit if you will.
                  Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

If in fact your credit status has suffered, that is possibly the main issue. My Department ask me all types of questions about my credit when i applied. Departments are getting stricted on credit issues. Hopefully you can get this matter resolved. But i would definately be trying to find out a reason behind the background.

Comment

Thanks for the advice L-1. I ll talk to my union people.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7533 users online. 441 members and 7092 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X