300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Screwed Is My Friend?

So, lately one of my friends was riding in another friends vehicle. The original owner of the vehicle had a firearm in the vehicle, although my friend was aware of this. The gun is registered and the guy that owns the car has a CCW to carry it.

Now, during an altercation at a club the man near him pulled out a firearm to shoot at him, he ran back to the car, opened the glove department and shot the guy a few times. ( By a few I mean he emptied the whole clip out, he just kept squeezing until he heard it click ). The guy lived, or at least is so far, but he has 4-5 holes in him.

What kind of charges is my friend facing? He already got arrested for possession of the firearm, but according to the courts other "charges" are pending from the DA's office.
    Jiu-Jitsu is my life.

Hire a good attorney. That's about all the advise I can give.

Comment

If your "friend" had time enough to go to the car, open the car door, then open the glove box, then get out of the car, and then shoot this other person I'd say your buddy is screwed cause it would have been just as quick to start the car and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
        If your "friend" had time enough to go to the car, open the car door, then open the glove box, then get out of the car, and then shoot this other person I'd say your buddy is screwed cause it would have been just as quick to start the car and leave.
        I'm leaning in the direction of this reply as well. Really not enough details in your post to advise much past that.

Comment

^
          What they said, unless the victim followed your friend to the car and continued to threaten him to the point he was afraid for his life he is going o face murder charges. And if the victim was so threatening he would have shot your friend before he could even get to the car.

You can't run back and get a gun because someone pulled a gun on you earlier and than kill them, that's why you should always have a gun on you, easier to justify.

Your friend is in serious trouble.

Comment

Your "friend" huh?

It's funny how everyone always says it's their friend. You're screwed.

Comment

Like others have posted it is impossible to give an accurate answer. First of all, we only have your story, not saying your lying but as cops we soon learn there are 3 sides to every story, your side, their side, and the truth. Also you can never predict what a DA is going to do, or even more so a Jury. I have seen some jury's here comeback with rulings that have just floored me in situations like this.
              As previously stated, hire a good attorney. That is all you can do
              "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Id say he needs to get an attorney for that one!

Comment

Is this a real story? Are you ten years old? Plexico? did they already let you out ?
                  "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
                    Is this a real story? Are you ten years old? Plexico? did they already let you out ?
                    Bwaahahahaha!!!
                    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

That's why I'm glad I live in a "stand your ground" state. However I believe their is more to your story that what you posted.

Comment

All states, without exception, have a law that covers an individual who takes a life while trying to save another or themself. That said, there are certain criteria that must be met and in your friend's case, he fails to meet those criteria which afford him the self defense aspect.

When he left the immediate threat, went to his vehicle and obtained a firearm, he went beyond the immediacy of the circumstances.

The first subject with a firearm did not pursue your friend, did not fire a round at your friend and therefore, once your friend left, the threat was no longer viable.

My personal opinion, your friend is in a heap of trouble.
                        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

What kind of car did your friend have?
                          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Stop hanging around with gang members.
                            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Bet you guys didn't pick up any of the "hotties" at the club that night..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2960 users online. 144 members and 2816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X