300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reckless driver

I was travling up the nys thruway this afternoon, from exit 17 newburg. I have 3 cars in front of me in left lane. In the right slower traffic and a tractor-trailer. I was second to last in the line in the left. Passing the slower vehicles. This suv behind me made a very stupid move that almost caused an accident. He was behind me. For some reason he had to get in front of me. I see the tractor trailer in my right land that I was passing, then I would get to right line. This guy came up hard on right and came right in me lane. I saw him at last minute, woundering where this guy was going to do. He swerved in my lane inches from my front and a few feet from the back of tractor-trailer. I had to slam the brakes to avoid accident. very unsafe lane change. Luckly nobody was on my rear end. Then he gets clear ahead. About a few miles there is a trooper ahead. So I stayed well behind. Could/should I have reported this guy to the SP's. Would it be worth the time. I almost wanted to call 911 and report, but I didn't. I was hoping the trooper would nail him for speeding through rear radar. But didn't happen.

Originally posted by tbones View Post
    I was travling up the nys thruway this afternoon, from exit 17 newburg. I have 3 cars in front of me in left lane. In the right slower traffic and a tractor-trailer. I was second to last in the line in the left. Passing the slower vehicles. This suv behind me made a very stupid move that almost caused an accident. He was behind me. For some reason he had to get in front of me. I see the tractor trailer in my right land that I was passing, then I would get to right line. This guy came up hard on right and came right in me lane. I saw him at last minute, woundering where this guy was going to do. He swerved in my lane inches from my front and a few feet from the back of tractor-trailer. I had to slam the brakes to avoid accident. very unsafe lane change. Luckly nobody was on my rear end. Then he gets clear ahead. About a few miles there is a trooper ahead. So I stayed well behind. Could/should I have reported this guy to the SP's. Would it be worth the time. I almost wanted to call 911 and report, but I didn't. I was hoping the trooper would nail him for speeding through rear radar. But didn't happen.
    Most State Police/Highway Patrol agencies have a number you can call to report these incidents. Would have been great had the Trooper observed him speeding,etc. Basically, we have to seen the violation. Nothing wrong with you calling the Barracks/Post to give us a "heads-up" though.

Comment

We call those ready reports. If the citizen wants to sign the complaint we will pull them over on our own PC and write them for both. If you don't want to sign a complaint(ticket) and show up at trial if need be; then we may not pull them over unless it is serious.

Comment

dont waste your time in NY. if he is CONSTANTLY driving dangerously u can give 911 a call. but for speeding, cell phone, one time bad driving you would be wasting your cell minuets, and usually my time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 351 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X