300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

Is it lawful to carry a 2' piece of bamboo in the backseat (or trunk) of my car.
    Thank you to all of you who serve as men and women in law enforcement - we sleep better at night because of your dedication to duty!

Bamboo? I think the street legal length is only 18"

Okay, I kid, I kid!

I've only worked as a cop in two states (CA & CO) and there was never any law specifically concerning bamboo.

Now, if your bamboo is leaded, polished, had a rubber grommet or a lanyard attached in CA, you're looking at 12020 PC...carrying a billy club...felony
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Lawful? Yes. Smart? No.

Violent bands of pandas are showing up in all sorts of metropolitan areas and people are getting jacked over way less than two feet of bamboo. If you must carry it, do so, but I would recommend using a "Bamboo Club" to secure your prized stick.
      Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
      Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
      Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
      Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

yes........................
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Last I heard, Bamboo was outlawed years ago...

I jest.

Why are you carrying bamboo in your car?
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...sigpic

Comment

Nuthin like a nice piece of hickory.
            Last edited by mikeymedic; 09-01-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              Bamboo? I think the street legal length is only 18"

Okay, I kid, I kid!

I've only worked as a cop in two states (CA & CO) and there was never any law specifically concerning bamboo.

Now, if your bamboo is leaded, polished, had a rubber grommet or a lanyard attached in CA, you're looking at 12020 PC...carrying a billy club...felony
              Ok, by the sounds of it then common sense applies. It's definitely not a billy club or other type of purpose built weapon.
              Thank you to all of you who serve as men and women in law enforcement - we sleep better at night because of your dedication to duty!

Comment

But why do you carry it. In Cali if your carrying it for "protection" it's a weapon and in violation of 12020 P.C.
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't you just keep a wooden semi truck "tire checker" in your car?

I used too. It even had a metal band around the top. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                    But why do you carry it. In Cali if your carrying it for "protection" it's a weapon and in violation of 12020 P.C.
                    Do you know how asinine that sounds to anyone not from the Kommunist Kountry of Kalifornia?

Comment

Originally posted by blackhorse View Post
                      Do you know how asinine that sounds to anyone not from the Kommunist Kountry of Kalifornia?
                      +1 +1 +1. Wow, thank you for expressing my exact views in one simple sentence. Here in Arkansas a 2' piece of bamboo isn't going to do much good against farmer Bob, his shotgun, and 12 dogs. Save some trouble and get a gun.
                      Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Odd thing is...and I have zero love for the CA Legislature...that 12020 PC section contained billy clubs, brass knuckles, blackjacks, etc. back when I started in the late 70's, when we still had (R) governors and assembly people who were split almost 50/50.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          Odd thing is...and I have zero love for the CA Legislature...that 12020 PC section contained billy clubs, brass knuckles, blackjacks, etc. back when I started in the late 70's, when we still had (R) governors and assembly people who were split almost 50/50.
                          Yeah, but you know anything you carry in your car or your person can be a weapon for self defense. An officer could make a case that I carry my car keys to poke someones eyes out. I carry a tire iron in my car - not to fix a flat - but to beat someone's head in. Lord forbid, I get caught with an umbrella in my car. I suppose that would be a felony. Come-on there has to be a case for common sense but I guess that's asking too much from Kalifornia.

Comment

Come-on there has to be a case for common sense but I guess that's asking too much from Kalifornia.
                            Common sense was declared illegal in Kullyfohrnya quite some time ago.

Two weeks after moving to CO, I walked into a gun shop and saw every CA banned weapon, for sale, on one wall.

For gun purchases I went from a mandatory ten day wait (even as a CA cop) to a 30-45 min. wait (as a private citizen).

I don't miss it, one bit.
                            Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

seriously? Bamboo? Go buy a baseball glove, put a base ball in it, then get you a good aluminum Easton! Just remember not to bring a bat to a gun fight!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 350 members and 5793 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X