Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you arrest someone for not getting their swine flu vaccine?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you arrest someone for not getting their swine flu vaccine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IS0tvUQuyI

This video came to light in the last few days. 1000 dollar a day fine, or 'quarantine' those who don't get the vaccine. They're claiming a group of volunteers to round these people up, and distribute medicine.

Here's the bill itself: http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/sena...02/st02028.htm

Now, my question to the officers here is would you arrest someone for not getting their vaccine? They are breaking the law unfortunately. Do you think arresting these individuals is justified? Do you think these are reasonable steps to take?

I just seems like a scary turn in my opinion. If legislation like this can pass in one of the most liberal states in the country, I sincerely think it can pass anywhere.

Semi-unrelated but I'll post it anyway: http://www.oathkeepers.org/

My dad donates a lot to oath keepers, it's a great organization.

If it became an epidemic (which it's not, the only people who are calling it an epidemic of course is the media), then it would not be about arresting people and putting them in jail for not getting a vaccine, if anything it would be about quarantining them. Would I put on 3 hazmat suits and force someone into quarantine if they refused to get a simple vaccine for something if it was killing millions? Sure why not.

So I guess now you can call me a nazi?

Comment

I like pie.............
      Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
        So I guess now you can call me a nazi?
        Why would I do that when I was the one who asked for your opinion?

I just don't seem the justification for it. As you said, only the media is claiming it's going to be an epidemic.

Comment

If it actually was at pandemic levels, getting people to get the vaccine against their will would be the least of our concerns.

If tens of thousands of people are dying because of something (be it the flu, radioactivity, terrorists, or deranged space bats), then pretty much all of the little constraints that keep humanity 'civilized' would go out the door.

Personally, I feel that this whole 'swine flu' thing is nothing but hype. Unless the virus has mutated since this last Spring, it is not even remotely as virulent as the 'regular' seasonal flu.

People have a right to be concerned about the vaccine though.....the last time around with the swine flu in the late 70s, the VACCINE killed many times more people than the flu did. There are also issues with this particular vaccine possibly causing severe nervous system damage. I will take my chances with getting a cough and feeling like crap for a few days, thank you very much.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            If it actually was at pandemic levels, getting people to get the vaccine against their will would be the least of our concerns.
            That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the input.

Comment

As I understand it, while the media is going totally berserk, about the only thing they do well, there is no Swine Flu Vacine available. It won't be available untill sometime in Sept/October. Informing the public is one thing. promoting mass hysteria and panic is another.

Comment

I like pie.............
                Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Watch someone try to force a needle in me for this BS "outbreak". They will have their *** handed to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                    good point - when (not so much "if") the right bug hits (airborne, no treatment, no vaccine, live outside the host for a decent amount of time, kills fairly quickly, etc) all the rules of civilized society will cease to exist fairly quickly. In that scenario, you won't have to worry too much about police coming to force anyone to treatment
                    yup....when we get another virus like the one responsible for the 1918 outbreak (which they really dont know which flu it was for sure....it could have been a version of Swine flu, it could have also be a version of Avian flu) it is not going to be pretty.

I just really dont think that this particular one is 'it'.

And a flu will have nothing on one of the hemorrhagic fevers (Ebola, Marburg ect) if one of them mutates and become airborne......that little bugger has something like a 80%+ fatality rate, and even if you survive it, a vast majority of the survivors have life long complications from it.
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

IF there's a "deadly" H1N1 (swine) flu pandemic....the herd will surely be thinned. Let's hope we all guess correctly.
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I would if under the circumstances stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                          I would if under the circumstances stated above.
                          In the circumstances stated above, we wont have anywhere nearly enough people to do forced vaccinations.......we will be far too busy trying to keep society from completely unraveling as it is.....we will be far too busy trying to make sure that food, water, heating oil, gasoline, ect ect keep getting moved to where it is needed.

You arent anywhere nearly old enough to have seen what happens when alot of people go bughouse nuts, like in the '92 Riots in LA, or Katrina. These were minor neighborhood parties compared to what we are talking about.

Think that level of unrest.....now magnify it 20X-50X or so.....on a NATIONAL scale.

And the people that are REALLY serious about not getting vaccinated (for one reason or another) are also going to be the ones that will not have any compunctions about using deadly force to make sure they stay that way. They would kill you, me, or anyone else without so much as a moments hesitation for trying to force that on them.

Are you going to be willing to take rounds to force vaccinations on someone that doesnt want it?.....more importantly, are you going to be willing to SHOOT someone in that case?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                            IF there's a "deadly" H1N1 (swine) flu pandemic....the herd will surely be thinned. Let's hope we all guess correctly.
                            The heard needs thinned from time to time, it just makes for good farming practice.
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I've seen it the other way, too. Some angry old dude pushing and cutting his way into a line to see that he and his wife get the vaccine to protect them from an oncoming flu.

Force someone to take a what might be a life-saving vaccine? Nope, that will leave more for the not-so-nutty.

Whether they wear tinfoil hats or or the ballcap tilted sideways, they are free to curl up and die with their copy of the Turner Diaries, or the latest rap CD in their weakened hands. If there's too many of them, I'll be very glad to step to the downwind side of their body, pull them into the heaping pile, pour the kerosine, strike the flare, and let the flames consume them, anytime!
                              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3123 users online. 149 members and 2974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X