300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question

Last night,i was driving my girlfriends car,she was in passenger side,and the University of Houston police stopped me for a headlight out,he just gave me a warning after bout 30 min checking to see if i had warrants....so he comes back and just gave me a warning....i signed it,does that go on my record?i am a security officer working with very classified areas ,i dont want this warning on my record...?help...any suggestions?
    SOON----GLOCK 23
    REMINGTON 870 POLICE PUMP-TACTICAL
    SMITH&WESSON 642 AIRWEIGHT....5+P
    RUGER LCP .380 W CT LASER SIGHT

SOON:
    S&W M&P 15-22

Not on your driving record. Might show up as a police contact in the department's records that you rec'd a written warning.

Comment

oh well thats cool...thanks ....
      SOON----GLOCK 23

SOON:
      S&W M&P 15-22

Comment

Having a warning ticket for a traffic violation isn't something that will affect a government security clearance (assuming that is what you mean by "working with very classified areas").
        sigpic

Comment

A warning won't go on a driving record.

But... 30 minutes for a headlamp warning???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post

Guess it would depend on how hot the girlfriend was

WHAT,YOU NEVER HAD A SLOW NIGHT.
            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

The warning won't effect your security clearance, not disclosing it when they renew your clearance will.

Comment

Yeah your good. Won't show up on your driving record plus it was not actually a traffic violation it was a safety / equipment violation.
                sigpic
                Formerly Username k91376
                " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post

i know....and i know i have no warrants....so maybe he was checking out my girlfriend...

yes i have security government clearence....i did not want it to affect that...
                  SOON----GLOCK 23

SOON:
                  S&W M&P 15-22

Comment

maybe dispatch was really tied up and the officer couldn't get the information back to you quickly due to some other technical difficulties.

30 minutes seems like quite a long time, especially just to run your license and dash off a warning... Then again, there are some days when I wonder if our dispatchers are too immersed in their card games to hear us on the radio...We have had lots of problems with GCIC being down lately, so maybe that officer was having that sort of night.

You'll be fine, a warning is just that- a warning. It wouldn't hurt to disclose it though, when you are asked about your arrest history during future employment endeavors.

Comment

30 minutes is more like 10 minutes. We often tend to extend things longer than it really is .

Comment

Originally posted by OILMAN69 View Post
                        Last night,i was driving my girlfriends car,she was in passenger side,and the University of Houston police stopped me for a headlight out,he just gave me a warning after bout 30 min checking to see if i had warrants....so he comes back and just gave me a warning....i signed it,does that go on my record?i am a security officer working with very classified areas ,i dont want this warning on my record...?help...any suggestions?
                        If you have a classified clearance, why are you posting on here? That's info that you should keep to yourself man..

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4642 users online. 235 members and 4407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X