300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Academy (reality tv)

I am watching rerun episodes of The Academy on the Reality Channel. So this made me wonder if this is pretty consistent with academy training across the country or is this just a hyped up reality show?

Clearly I can't speak for everyone, but my academy was nothing like that tv show...

Comment

Not all academies are paramilitary in nature. Mine wasn't...

Comment

That academy seemed pretty high stress, I dont see how some of the people even made it into the academy based on the first couple PTs.
        http://www.policeexamtips.com

Amp Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by robzilla View Post
          That academy seemed pretty high stress, I dont see how some of the people even made it into the academy based on the first couple PTs.
          I said the same thing when I went to MCRD Sand Diego, and my academy. I guess it's different for some when there's stress involved...

Comment

Pretty in line with ours. Maybe a little bit more over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by catch um and ba View Post
              I said the same thing when I went to MCRD Sand Diego, and my academy. I guess it's different for some when there's stress involved...
              When were you there?
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                When were you there?
                The hellish summer of 1999 with gangsta golf...

Comment

Its one academy at one dept. All of them are not the same.

Most departments dont have thier own academy, and use regional academies.

Comment

Ours was ALMOST like that, just not THAT bad
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

It's definitely in line with what a paramilitary academy would be like. It's a little "dressed up", if you will, for television...
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...sigpic

Comment

Is the LASD academy a lot like most state trooper academies? Harder? Not as hard? Just as hard but different?
                        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                        -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                          Is the LASD academy a lot like most state trooper academies? Harder? Not as hard? Just as hard but different?
                          It depends on the agency. LASD is regarded as one of the most difficult though. There are advantages and disadvantages to having a paramilitary academy.

Comment

Originally posted by catch um and ba View Post
                            It depends on the agency. LASD is regarded as one of the most difficult though. There are advantages and disadvantages to having a paramilitary academy.
                            What are some of the pros and cons to both styles (paramilitary and "community college")?
                            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                            -Chris Rock

Comment

Better to find out if a person can operate under stress in the academy then on the streets
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2356 users online. 100 members and 2256 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X