300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Illegal Fireworks?

Hi I bought a few fireworks, none really big just some small stuff and a couple bottle rockets. The city ordinance says all fireworks are illegal including sparklers.. But if you were called to something like that what would you do? Just tell them to be safe, take them away, or fine them? Thanks

What I would do is irrelevant. What the officer who actually responds will do is the only thing that matters.

For the record I'd probably warn you once, but if I get more calls about it I'll do whats necessary to not have to come out a 3rd time.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
      What I would do is irrelevant. What the officer who actually responds will do is the only thing that matters.

For the record I'd probably warn you once, but if I get more calls about it I'll do whats necessary to not have to come out a 3rd time.
      ^^^ yup ^^^

I'd probably take your fireworks 1st time though

Comment

I would give you a warning the first time depending upon the area your setting off the fireworks. I was a kid once and understand but not everyone is like that.

Comment

I would take your fireworks away. Therefor if I or one of my brothers had to respond again...a more favorable LE action can be taken.
          Last edited by deputync; 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM.
          Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post

X-2

Comment

It would depend on your attitude. I would most likely warn you and advise you of the ordinance if your decent. WHEN you violated it again, I would cite you and confiscate the fireworks.
              If youre a less than cooperative subject then I would either confiscate them or confiscate AND cite.
              A lot of action LEO's take is dependant on the persons attitude they are contacting.
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by krinksta View Post
                Hi I bought a few fireworks, none really big just some small stuff and a couple bottle rockets. The city ordinance says all fireworks are illegal including sparklers.. But if you were called to something like that what would you do? Just tell them to be safe, take them away, or fine them? Thanks
                If your city has banned fireworks, a zero tolerance policy may be in effect. With all the fires out here in Calee...all it takes is one bottle rocket to start one. We have firework suppression unit..that is 10-8 during and around the 4th. They will confiscate and cite you H&S 12677 which amounts to a fine.

The fireworks are then given to the EOD unit and destroyed.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt or someone else's property gets damage. and then we show up!
                Last edited by deputy x 2; 06-30-2009, 07:09 PM.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Fireworks are legal here in Kansas City. There is a fireworks stand on every street corner. Some of my neighbors spend hundreds on elaborate displays that rival professional displays.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I'd sit back and watch! Then warn you not to do them again... If you continued, I would take them, but that is me.

Comment

Since you posted the question here, and we know who you are, you have already been warned: Now it's time for the arrest.
                      Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                        Since you posted the question here, and we know who you are, you have already been warned: Now it's time for the arrest.
                        HA!!!

For me, it really depends on what you and your friends are doing, and how many complaints I've gotten. If I saw you do them while I was on patrol, I'd just give you all a warning. If someone complained, I'd cite and confiscate.

That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by krinksta View Post
                          Go outside the city limits and play, and I believe bottle rockets are illegal in WI.

Comment

fireworks are as American as apple pie and napalm
                            Last edited by Nobody; 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

In AZ, not only are they illegal, but if you start a fire, you have to pay to put it out. That can be expensive, like $200/hour/truck,and a 2 hour minimum. Of course they will roll everything they have - 3-5 trucks run the bill up quick.
                              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                              John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4107 users online. 230 members and 3877 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X