• Show
Clear All

• Napping in your car

deleteplease
    Attached Files
    Last edited by justsomeguy2; 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM. Reason: deleteplease

You could, but it is not a good idea.

Comment

Thats why they make rest areas along side the hiways.
      " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by R.A.B. View Post

This.

Lock your doors though, when I was in the Corps I had to pull over and sleep at a busy truck stop on my way from CA to MN. A homeless guy woke me up by knocking on my window. I almost crapped my pants.

lol

I'd keep my lights off, it will only make people aware your in your car and sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by R.A.B. View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^

You don't travel much do you? For future refrence: it's your car. If you want to eat a chicken salad in the back seat of your car... you can. If you want to pull over in a parking lot and sleep... you can.
          Founder & CEO, www.officer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^^

You don't travel much do you? For future refrence: it's your car. If you want to eat a chicken salad in the back seat of your car... you can. If you want to pull over in a parking lot and sleep... you can.

Not entirely true. Many cities have municipal codes making sleeping in a vehicle a violation.

Use highway rest stops and you'll be fine but I'd stay out of cities and towns.
            Walking the line...all give some...some give all!

Comment

I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping at a reststop. Bad things happen there also. A lot of dirtleg criminals like to hit reststops.
              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Truck stop would be your best bet. some states, Co, does not allow sleeping at their rest stops. The rest stops around Vail, Co had signs indicating no sleeping.

Truck stops have truckers sleeping in their lots all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hooknbook View Post
                  Not entirely true. Many cities have municipal codes making sleeping in a vehicle a violation.

Use highway rest stops and you'll be fine but I'd stay out of cities and towns.

Didn't know that.
                  Founder & CEO, www.officer.com

Comment

I was unaware of the different states refusing but as long as you recongnize when you are tired enough and not try to push a few extra miles you will not get into an accident to where I have to show up and write reports on an accident involving a sleeping driver. Sleeping in your car while on the road is dangerous anywhere you are at. Rest stops are a good idea except that everyone knows that people sleeps in thier car at those places and something might happen. If it was me I would pull off on an exit and into a hotel or motel parking lot. Those are lit pretty well. I would just sleep in my car out there for at least an hour or so and wake up and continue on my way. Thats just me though
                    What Is A Veteran?
                    A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheeldep View Post
                      Truck stop would be your best bet. some states, Co, does not allow sleeping at their rest stops. The rest stops around Vail, Co had signs indicating no sleeping.

Truck stops have truckers sleeping in their lots all the time.
                      Yeah. they'd rather have you DWS and risk the extra lives than do something that makes sense.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11235 users online. 458 members and 10777 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X