Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is driving with your left foot a cite-able offense?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is driving with your left foot a cite-able offense?

My right knee and foot are in a cast. I'm going crazy stuck at home.

If I managed to get my gimpy right out of the way and drove with my left foot (assuming reasonable competence otherwise), would I be breaking any traffic laws?

Not as far as I know, but I'm in NY and not at all familiar with Georgia Traffic Laws.

I'd refer to the age-old adage: "you break it, you buy it" (and throw injure in there as well...)

- V

Comment

I highly doubt it, however if it a big clunky cast and gets in the way I would definitely advise against it.

Comment

Years ago i broke my right leg and drove with my left, however I traded (with my sister) my stick shift for an automatic. I also got a temp handicapped card and continued to drive.
        Every day is just the same, I'm chasing rainbows in the rain.

Comment

Was it hard to drive with your left foot?
          I'm still debating at this point...

Comment

Alright, Nolo. I doubt it's illegal, but that's not the point. you're not accustomed to it and you've been taking pain killers. NOT a great combination for the safety of yourself and the other motoring public. Your reaction time is going to be off if for no other reason than driving with the opposite foot is going against your muscle memory. No sense in wrecking and setting back your recovery even further.

Keep your happy *** at home!
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

no, it's not illegal.
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

No it's not illegal

Comment

Originally posted by nolo View Post
                  My right knee and foot are in a cast. I'm going crazy stuck at home.

If I managed to get my gimpy right out of the way and drove with my left foot (assuming reasonable competence otherwise), would I be breaking any traffic laws?
                  Only if you crashed
                  I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I had to do that once, drive with my left foot, for about ten miles from the docs office to home. It is very, very hard to do....coordination wise. Just take smurfs advice and stay home.
                    " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

Too late. Gone and back. Didn't take any painkillers today.
                      Just had to go see Underdog (who is staying with a friend, a few miles away). Went back roads, no traffic, very slow... and it was H-A-R-D!
                      I don't think I'll try that again, though.

Comment

It is about as illegal as driving barefoot or while wearing flip-flops.

Nope, no violation. Just be certain to remember you are using your left foot in case of an emergency. If you are disciplined with your right foot, it will take a conscious effort to switch feet and make things automatic.
                        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1443 users online. 90 members and 1353 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X