300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade 12

I was wondering, during the background check how far do they go when it comes to grades. I know in middle school i had a lot of trouble concentrating, so my grades were not exactly the best. When i graduated from grade 12 i had around a 65% average. But will they look at my middle school grades? or they only look at your grade 12? Sorry if this is a dumb question...
    Last edited by dropped; 05-16-2009, 12:42 AM.

Most likely they will go back to pre-school and chat with your jungle gym friends. Thats where all the trouble starts.......

Comment

you don't have to worry about back ROUND unless youre doing deadlifts...you open yourself up to injury. make sure your lower back is in thoratic extension and stays there throughout the lift.

if you meant backGROUND check, i don't know if they really give a crap about grades...just whether you were a trouble maker or not....i guess it also depends how old you are. if you are fresh out of high school, they would probably look a lot more closely then if you were 30 w/ an extensive job history.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
        you don't have to worry about back ROUND unless youre doing deadlifts...you open yourself up to injury. make sure your lower back is in thoratic extension and stays there throughout the lift.

if you meant backGROUND check, i don't know if they really give a crap about grades...just whether you were a trouble maker or not....i guess it also depends how old you are. if you are fresh out of high school, they would probably look a lot more closely then if you were 30 w/ an extensive job history.
        Rofl, my bad was not thinking straight...

Comment

I retired after 30 years with LAPD and moved to CO. I applied several places before I was hired by a small town PD. I had to get my HS transcripts for one of them (Littleton? I think). The agency who hired me just wanted a copy of my HS diploma.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by ModeratorFresh
            Since this is an area for people to ask questions to officers, when someone does that, nicely - lets answer back the same way.

Thank You.
            LOL.....Apologize

As DR. PEEBODY stated

X2

Comment

thanks ...

Comment

While I agree with the previous posters, it should also be noted that NOW is the best time to start squaring yourself away and getting good grades. As well as staying out of trouble and away from the seedier types.

Unless you want to come back here when you're finally eligible to become a cop and have to ask "Will [insert past stupid decisions here] affect my becoming a cop?"

If this is what you TRULY want to do with your life, you're young enough to avoid all the bad decisions that come with being that age. Do so. Fix your grades, start working out a little and be a "good kid" who shows maturity and avoid being a screw up.

It will make it much easier in the long run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2328 users online. 154 members and 2174 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X