300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement decision.......

I have been a dispatcher for San Bernardino County Sheriff's department for almost 5 years now. I have caught the LE bug. I want to be a Deputy sheriff but the County isnt hiring right now. My question is : Should I wait until my Agency starts hiring So I will not lose my 5 years of retirement that I have accumulated? Or should I just go out and apply for different agencies seeing as I am only 25yoa? Any answers would help. I am getting really impatient with this hiring freeze.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
    I have been a dispatcher for San Bernardino County Sheriff's department for almost 5 years now. I have caught the LE bug. I want to be a Deputy sheriff but the County isnt hiring right now. My question is : Should I wait until my Agency starts hiring So I will not lose my 5 years of retirement that I have accumulated? Or should I just go out and apply for different agencies seeing as I am only 25yoa? Any answers would help. I am getting really impatient with this hiring freeze.
    Apply as many places as you want. What are you going to do if you don't get hired with SBSD as a deputy? Are you going to still be unhappy being a dispatcher and apply again? If you truly want to be a LEO, apply several places. You're only 25, you've still got ample time to put in your 20-30 years and retire.
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
      Apply as many places as you want. What are you going to do if you don't get hired with SBSD as a deputy? Are you going to still be unhappy being a dispatcher and apply again? If you truly want to be a LEO, apply several places. You're only 25, you've still got ample time to put in your 20-30 years and retire.
      That is what I have been told. Dispatch is a great career but I belive if I stay here another year or so I'll end up stuck here. I dont want to miss my window of oppertunitiy. Many Thanks.... Still would like to hear what other people think on this subject...

Comment

If it were me.....................Dispatch?........ Crime fighter?
        ..........answering phones/radio?.........................
        driving fast/shooting guns?

Gee really tough decision LOL!
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
          If it were me.....................Dispatch?........ Crime fighter?
          ..........answering phones/radio?.........................
          driving fast/shooting guns?

Gee really tough decision LOL!
          no no no.. that wasnt the question lol... question was.. do i wait for my agency to start hiring again having 5 years with the county or apply for different agencies seeing as i am only 25yoa.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by Nobody; 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
              no no no.. that wasnt the question lol... question was.. do i wait for my agency to start hiring again having 5 years with the county or apply for different agencies seeing as i am only 25yoa.
              How can you expect someone in this forum to answer a question that will eventually affect you and your future? We know virtually nothing about you. It is all in what you want to do. Seems simple to me and you have stated the issues you face. If it does not bother you to throw away five years of county seniority, go the any agency route; however, if you want to remain with the county then stay put until the freeze is lifted. I am certain Sheriff Hoops will get things moving pretty soon.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Many Thanks.

Comment

SBSO Dispatch, I'm sure you already knew this, but SBSO opened up the position for Deputy Sheriff Trainee from 10-10-2009 through 10-19-2009 at 5pm. Hurry up and apply!! I applied already

Comment

agree with eager....
                    if you like the agency youre at, then apply there. If it doesnt work out, apply elsewhere, but I would try with your current agency...it may get you ahead over others who have no experience
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

It really depends on the retirement. If the 5 years you put in counts for the first 5 years of your 25 and out, I would wait. Not necessarily so you only have to work 20 years, but so you can start making the big bucks after 20 years instead of the usual 25. However, if that 5 years in dispatch will only count for a couple bucks on your retirement, I would put in applications elsewhere.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7918 users online. 374 members and 7544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X