300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your car insurance?

Considering that you enforce the law, that you are an officer 24/7 who abides to his or her laws accordingly, meaning you (presumably) don't speed etc.. Do car insurance companies respect that? They know that youre a cop and that you arent going to do anything stupid, so I would like to know what your rates are compared to someone else that is not in a more strict position to abide by the law?

On the other hand, are there other reasons from the job why perhaps you'd have something for them to look at negatively?

Would like to know.. Thanks.. And any info about other types of insurance besides motor vehicle would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Originally posted by EthanAdam View Post
    Considering that you enforce the law, that you are an officer 24/7 who abides to his or her laws accordingly, meaning you (presumably) don't speed etc.. Do car insurance companies respect that? They know that youre a cop and that you arent going to do anything stupid, so I would like to know what your rates are compared to someone else that is not in a more strict position to abide by the law?

On the other hand, are there other reasons from the job why perhaps you'd have something for them to look at negatively?

Would like to know.. Thanks.. And any info about other types of insurance besides motor vehicle would be appreciated. Thanks again.
    Ive never had any break in my insurance rates (car insurance
    rates) because I was a Police Officer. Only on my home owners insurance when I had a cruiser parked in the driveway (B&E's) and because there is a firearm in the house. My insurance company considers having a gun in the house as a good thing to disuade burglaries, home invasion etc instead of the liability stance taken by maybe companies up north. Being a cop has nothing to do with that though. The squad car is a plus though. It's also a big plus for my neighbors as well.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Most insurance companies could care less who you work for......

What they care about is your driving record, age, what kind of car you are driving ect.....

and that you send them the $$$$$$ every six months.....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I get a discount for being in the military, but not for being a police officer.

Comment

I pay exactly the same rate(s) as any other customer in my age group.

Comment

nope, I pay full/normal price
            http://www.truepolicestories.net - my website of all my stories as a police officer. Please read it and become a member!

Comment

Well, I guess I'm alone, but my insurance agent gave me a modest discount when I provided a copy of my EVOC certificate. It could just be something my agent does and not a standard practice for the parent company (State Farm).

Comment

I got a discount from Allstate for being LEO and also with Geico.
                -Death is certain, life is not-

Comment

I think anyone that is a police officer should look into California Casualty and Auto Insurance.

They actually sent me a letter a year or so ago marketing their policies for police officers. I signed on with them and their rates were absurdly low and the same protection as State Farm offered me.

I have a 2008 GMC Arcadia SUV with $500 collison full coverage and 0 comprehensive, towing and rental for $696 a year.

I was paying closer to 1200 with state farm, so I am very happy!!

So, yes, for me anyway I got a big break because of my profession.

G-man
                  1*
                  Last edited by G-MAN; 03-26-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I get no discounts on any insurance. I just get plenty of junk mail with tips about being a safe driver and how smart I am for being with my insurance company. As a police officer the only perks I get are the one that comes in the form of a paycheck and thats not much at all.
                    My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

I don't get any deals/breaks/discounts that I know of through USAA.
                      sigpic

Comment

I use USAA as well, and other then low milage discount (since I have a take home car) I don't get anything.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by Nobody; 04-23-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Sheepdog View Post
                            Well, I guess I'm alone, but my insurance agent gave me a modest discount when I provided a copy of my EVOC certificate. It could just be something my agent does and not a standard practice for the parent company (State Farm).
                            I've heard of this before but AllState all but laughed at me when I asked for the same.

A-holes.

Comment

Minnesota Professional Police Officer Association offers discounts on home and auto.

http://www.mppoa.com/MINNESOTA%20POL...E%20AGENCY.htm

They will work with other insurance companies to get you the best rate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4741 users online. 322 members and 4419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X