300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proudest Moment

I know that most are proud everyday going to work and putting on your tin, but in your minds what is/was a moment when you were really proud of something you did on the job? Obviously putting the bad guys away, but what was something that stands out in your mind?
    -I asked my late father this question years back who was a 32 year vet and he gave me several answers.. None of them were about the commendations or awards, but one was using his status as an officer to create a charity for less fortunate children around xmas time and another was talking a father of four out of committing suicide..He said those were good nights..

I had one the other day when I realized that two of my former trainees are now fellow FTOs. What a reward, to help train them and see them grow and become trainers themselves (and both are very good FTOs, too).
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Baby not breathing call. Kid's lips were turning blue when we pulled up (well ahead of EMS). Had him breathing and coughing before EMS rolled up.

Comment

Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
        Baby not breathing call. Kid's lips were turning blue when we pulled up (well ahead of EMS). Had him breathing and coughing before EMS rolled up.
        Great job.

Comment

Catching, hospitalizing, and helping get a life sentence on a child rapis, with no physical evidence.

Comment

Saving the life of a 2 year old that fell in a pool 30 years ago and still being friends with him and his parents.
            Retired LASD

Comment

The first day I put the full uniform on and came downstairs, my (then) 10YO son said, "Dad, I'm really proud of you."

One of the Top 5 moments of my life.

Comment

With just a couple of weeks after getting out of the academy I was able to get a very reluctant witness who was scared of retribution and which like most people where I work, are not to fond of police to get comfortable enough with me to give me the real story of what happened at a murder scene, and to give up the name of the person who did it!!! I felt very accomplished and it kinda made me wonder that if I didnt make the commitment to help the witness feel comfortable; would the case have ever gotten solved???

Comment

Checking a dope hangout, finding a pill bottle, running the name on there and finding the guy was a wanted child rapist from upstate NY, then calling that agency and finding out he was also a person of interest in a murder in VA. Put out a bulletin and 2 days later some co-workers grabbed him. Had his property shipped back to NY and it had some evidence fromt he murder in VA. Not bad for just finding a pill bottle.
                  "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgh6366 View Post
                    Checking a dope hangout, finding a pill bottle, running the name on there and finding the guy was a wanted child rapist from upstate NY, then calling that agency and finding out he was also a person of interest in a murder in VA. Put out a bulletin and 2 days later some co-workers grabbed him. Had his property shipped back to NY and it had some evidence fromt he murder in VA. Not bad for just finding a pill bottle.
                    Not bad? Extra effort on your part paid off big! Kudos for you!
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

When My neice, 10 years old, asked me to bring my squad to her school and meet her friends because she is proud of me.

Comment

Thinking back over time- Three people on this earth are drawing breath because I was there at the right place and time- and I did what I was trained to do. One TC victim and 2 attempted suicides.
                        I never received any recognition even though the events were well documented and witnessed. I tell myself; that's the way it is. Doing the right thing should be its own reward.

Comment

5 weeks spent in Gulfport and Biloxi MS helping after Hurricane Katrina. (completely destroyed those two cities) It fealt good to do something other then handle complaints and lock people up. Just being there for those people was a reward. They were so appreactive and kind to us...... even though they had nothing left they always tried to offere us what they could. Didn't accept of course but, just the very thought that they offered. I have never ever had so many people thanking us for doing are jobs (except after 9-11). It was a proud time for us helping down there.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9307 users online. 450 members and 8857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X