300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How I Run My Patrol & SWAT Unit

As I understand, most U.S. local police agencies do not have a full-time SWAT team, 'cause you think that is not economic. Therefore, most U.S. SWAT cops are actually regular police officers, especially, patrol officers.

However, here in China, our patrol officers and SWAT officers are also the same bunch of people.

The difference is, in America, if you have got 100 patrol officers in your unit, maybe only 10 of them are also SWAT officers.

Yet, here in China, if you have got 100 patrol officers in your unit, then all 100 of them are SWAT officers.

Haha, that is the difference.

Because in China, there is no clear demarcation between SWAT cops and riot cops.

Thus the Chinese paramilitary (uniformed) cops do both SWAT operations and riot control work, and, when there is no emergency situation or riot scenario, all these SWAT (riot) cops are regular patrol officers.

I used to be a police detective, but now am in charge of a whole patrol & SWAT unit.

I do not follow the traditional Chinese patrol & SWAT management rules----the cops are divided into two teams, one team patrols the street and responds to calls for three months, while the other team receives full-time SWAT & anti-riot training for three months (also standing guard at important events, if there is any). And then the two teams shift their roles.

For me, I think a valuable training program is based on constant training, instead of one that recurs every three months.

Therefore, I train my cops every other day.

In China, such Patrol & SWAT cops are mostly ex-military servicemen. And most of them come from the marine corps, paratroopers, armed police (active-duty internal security forces),special forces, reconnaissance teams, mountain infantry, etc., so they all have very good basis already.

For those non-ex-military people, most of them either graduated from China's four-year professional police academy or used to be professional athletes in the fields like wrestling, shooting, boxing, etc., so these cops need not be trained from the scratch, either.

So here comes the core issue I want to discuss with you in this post:

Is it really necessary for the SWAT cops to be trained every day?

Well. My point is that training every other day is ok enough, even for the snipers.

So, I hereby suggest that the American cops also adopt my method.

That is to say, turn every street cop both a patrol officer and a SWAT officer.

In this way, you get both a patrol officer who often receives tactical traing and a SWAT officer who often gets street experience.While the combination of long-time tactical training and field experience shall make a perfect cop.

And, you will never worry about the number of your SWAT officers any more.

Make no difference between the patrol officers and SWAT officers.

If you have got any ideas, pls discuss with me.
    Last edited by cncop; 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM.

Remember guys... OPSEC!
    sigpic

Comment

T-r-o-l-l......
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

We don't need every cop to be a SWAT Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the point?

================================

I received this message from Brendon.

Well. My answer is:

Of course, we do not need so many SWAT cops.

But my point is, SWAT training for each patrol officer is not necessarily meant for using him to rescue hostages.

SWAT traing itself is a way to strengthen the cop's body and quickens his reaction.

You can often see patrol cops with big belly on the street in many countries.

Why?

Because of lack of physical training (or possibly eating too many donuts).

Can the citizens trust their safety to such fat guys?

No. We need athelete or soldier-like men, physically strong and with quick reaction.

SWAT training for every patrol cop will just serve this purpose.

Comment

I for one do NOT feel that every cop SHOULD have an athlete's body! Most soldiers have the same physical attributes as police officers. I AM against the "fat" cop image tho.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
            I for one do NOT feel that every cop SHOULD have an athlete's body! Most soldiers have the same physical attributes as police officers. I AM against the "fat" cop image tho.
            Middle-aged guys without a lot of physical conditioning tend to be heavy-built.

But of course, not all are like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Taylor13
              Just a question, are you really from China? We don't get many foreigners that are as fluent in English as you are.

===============================

Thanks for saying that.

But I am sure that you, as a native speaker, I suppose, will certainly find out something "not so American" in my language, like no use of daily slangs, right?

Haha.

Comment

This is not me. These are random Chinese cop photos I picked up.

Maybe today, he is a peace officer, patrolling the street,while tomorrow, he is a SWAT officer, training with pistols.

In this way, you get a patrol cop who is trained in shooting and hand-to-hand combat every other day, as well as a SWAT officer who is familiar with every street of his city.

Last edited by cncop; 03-18-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

http://static6.photo.sina.com.cn/ori...8c95e0dfe1d855

And anyone like this?

Haha

Chinese policewomen rarely do real police work, not like their American counterparts. They usually do communications, secretarial or archives work, which are usually non-sworn officer posts in America
                  Last edited by cncop; 03-19-2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cncop View Post
                    I do not follow the traditional Chinese patrol & SWAT management rules----the cops are divided into two teams, one team patrols the street and responds to calls for three months, while the other team receives full-time SWAT & anti-riot training for three months (also standing guard at important events, if there is any). And then the two teams shift their roles.

For me, I think a valuable training program is based on constant training, instead of one that recurs every three months.

Therefore, I train my cops every other day.

So, I hereby suggest that the American cops also adopt my method.

If you have got any ideas, pls discuss with me.
                    I would love to be able to do that. However, if we were to take half of our officers off the streets for training and other functions, it would reduce the level of service we provide by 50%. That would be unacceptable to the public we serve. The only other way to accomplish this would be to double the size of our police force. That would mean doubling our budget through increased taxes, which would be equally unacceptable to the public, especially in a depressed economy.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It would be nearly impossible for almost all American police departments. It would be logistically and financially prohibitive. Most US agencies are very short on manpower. What you speak of would be a luxury that will not happen.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

One point I want to stress is that China has no organization like your National Guard, who will intervene when there are major riots like LA 1992.(That is to say, the cops have to rely on themselves and that is why the police have to maintain and train so many officers.)

Therefore, when there are a lot of rioters on the street, we do not call any other external force, like National Guard, the large number of well-trained patrol & SWAT officers will pick up their riot gear and play the same role as National Guard.

But, of course, apart from uniformed cops, China does maintain another separate armed force for riot situations----The People's Armed Police Force, which is totally military in nature and can also deal with riot situations, but their main role is to guard important facilities, namely static security missions.
                        Last edited by cncop; 03-19-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Yes, but in America we have the Constitution and bill of rights..

Comment

Originally posted by cncop View Post
                            One point I want to stress is that China has no organization like your National Guard, who will intervene when there are major riots like LA 1992.(That is to say, the cops have to rely on themselves and that is why the police have to maintain and train so many officers.)

Therefore, when there are a lot of rioters on the street, we do not call any other external force, like National Guard, the large number of well-trained patrol & SWAT officers will pick up their riot gear and play the same role as National Guard.

Really???? So your police force has military tanks? Wow... because I could have sworn those were military tanks in Tiananmen Square. You have some cool equipment.

Comment

Well I see the logic of having a full time SWAT/ patrol officers but here in the US like many have stated the man power is short and training is another issue.

So you stated to become a police officer in China you have to do 4 years in the academy. What are you learning for 4 years?
                              My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5287 users online. 284 members and 5003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X