Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Registration Sticker Early?

OK, if you dare ... it's a husband/wife dispute ... who's right?

Especially for those who are in NYS (since that's where we are), is it acceptable or not to display your new registration sticker on the car in advance of the expiration of the prior one.

Example: One of our cars has a sticker currently valid, expiring 3/1/09. The new one (expiring 3/1/11) has been in the house for several weeks now. Is is (or would it have been) acceptable to remove the soon-to-expire and put the new one in place on any date convenient to us between the receipt of the new sticker and the expiration of the old one--or not?

Thanks!
    Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Yes, you may display your new registration sticker before the old on expires! If the Department of Motor Vehicles has issued you a new one after receiving your renewal fee, you may affix it to your vehicle. They will not normally renew stickers if it is greater than thirty days from the expiration date.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Dunno about NY, but it's prefectly legal in Ohio. As soon as your plates are renewed around here, the BMV shows the expiration of the registration as the new expiration in their computers. Actually, it could be considered a violation of Failure to Display not to put them on.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

No problem in NY, DMV has issued you the registration which is telling you that your registration is current and valid to it's expiration date. I would rather have you put your registration on too early rather than too late.

Now fight nice you two LOL !!!!

Comment

Yes it's okay.

If the second expires in 2011, it is currently valid. Put it on now, so you don't forget.

Comment

Who was right and who was wrong?
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

After thinking about this for several hours...................

The wife is right!
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                Who was right and who was wrong?
                Me, of course (but you all probably guessed which one was which before). (And by extension, RoadKingTrooper, too )

I mean, it seriously makes no sense to leave the darn sticker on his desk somewhere (he actually hid it for awhile, too so I couldn't just do it--lucky it didn't get lost doing that!). It's not like the insurance cards which have a beginning date and an ending date for validity (and I also disagree w/ him there--I think it'd be fine to put the new insurance card in the little sleeve thing we keep insurance/registration in along with the about-to-expire one when we first get the card, because it's too easy to forget to grab the card on the day it becomes valid as it's on his desk, with the door closed to the room so it's not in plain sight on the way out the door).

And don't worry, our fight will not involve an invitation to the local folks to come meet me in person. (That would be soooo embarrassing, especially if they cottoned onto my screen name at the time.)
                Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, I had little doubt you were right...especially with the confidence to come here and ask! LOL

Even if you hadn't been, you would have been in the end anyway. Such is the way
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3609 users online. 245 members and 3364 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X