300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play video games?

I hear the usual comment about when one gets married, starts a career, or gets older, activities like video gaming simply diminish. Now, after becoming LEOs did you stop playing? How do you feel about games like Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row where the game constantly evolves around killing cops? What are some of your favorite games?
    I am personally an intense gamer, I don't have a lot of time on my hands if that's you're thinking. But I do play a lot and still manage to handle the current job, college, and the wife. I am also thinking even whenever I become a cop that won't stop me from playing still. My favorite game is Hitman, don't matter which part, but I do enjoy others like any of the GTAs, Gears of War 1 & 2, and many others. Thanks for your responses!
    It smells like college in your car sir.

Im not a cop when Im off duty. So yes, I still play.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I play just as much video games as I did during high school and college. I don't have a whole heck of alot else to do when I'm off-duty. If it has Zombies or Nazis in it, chances are I have it and I play it. Lately, I've been playing entirely too much World of Warcraft.

Comment

Nice, I have been meaning to get into World of Warcraft, I heard its freaking kool.

Comment

I used to play Warcraft. A lot of Warcraft. Entirely too much Warcraft. Like 8-10 hours a day on my days off. Like 3-4 hours a day on the days I worked. Like I'd really be cranking away on something in Warcraft so I would call in and take a vacation day and stay up all night playing.

Don't play Warcraft. Far too addicting.

I quit WoW about a year after I got married. We have a Wii. It is fun, and the games don't require massive amounts of time. Wii Fit is kind of fun. I don't really do much as far as video games go any more. I still play paintball though.
          Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Why is it though? You dont have time or you just plain outgrown it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5031OKC View Post
              I used to play Warcraft. A lot of Warcraft. Entirely too much Warcraft. Like 8-10 hours a day on my days off. Like 3-4 hours a day on the days I worked. Like I'd really be cranking away on something in Warcraft so I would call in and take a vacation day and stay up all night playing.

Don't play Warcraft. Far too addicting.
              Same here, I lost 2 years of my adult life on WoW. I was with my G/F, now wife for 5 years, oddly enought when wen got married my schedule changed all the same time and WoW just got dropped. I still 360 or Wii it weekly.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Like jchughes05 said, I'm a cop when I'm on duty and when I'm off, I'm off. I play video games all the time. It's a really good stress relief. Before LE I was a manager at a Game store, so I'm fortunate enough to have all the new systems.

Games like GTA and Saints Row really don't bother me. They're just games. I have both for PS3. I must admit though I'm a big RPG nut. I was into WoW for a while, but like 50310KC stated... It's way to addictive for me.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...sigpic

Comment

I love to play video games.. Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto and sports games mostly. I love to get on top of buildings and "snipe" people till the cops show up them I blast them all as well.

Comment

Nothing like hearing some 8 year old kid in England cry when you kill him in COD...

Comment

When I lived in an apartment I still played video games on a regular basis. Now that I'm a home owner I rarely sit down to play. Just always doing something else such as cleaning up after the wife and kids
                      Last edited by CountyCop22; 02-22-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

No. I'm a wife, mother and Officer. I don't have the time or the inclination to play. In addition, I'd be furious if my husband wasted time on such things. Sorry, but IMHO there's a time to grow out of such things.
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

COD and Forza2 on the 360 for me.
                          We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                            In addition, I'd be furious if my husband wasted time on such things. Sorry, but IMHO there's a time to grow out of such things.

Aww, common smurfette. Your man doesn't have a hobby? I'm sure it costs some money (most do) and wastes some time to no real good end (most do).

Comment

I also believe that it may all depend on the person. Some people never liked video games to begin with but those who do I have come to realize that they usually stick to it. I've loved video games since I knew they existed and I dont know how is it going to be after I have kids and finally start my career. Thanks for the responses and I am welcome for more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4014 users online. 220 members and 3794 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X