300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail Enforcement and Fugitive Recovery Agents

Hey guys. My name is Thomas and Im a Bail Enforcement/Fugitive Recovery agent from Utah, formally in California.

I personally have a very high respect for law enforcement and I get a lot of respect from them. Im very professional, I work well with them and they work well with me. I have even helped local law enforcement investigate the killing for a Sheriffs deputy many times. I am personal friends with many officers and they like me very much. I dont over step my bounds, I report in any time Im making a arrest and I stay out of their way when needed. I also help them anytime I see they may need help, including helping officers arrest a suspect they were in a struggle with several times.

Im highly trained and very responsible. I conduct myself very professionally. I know this isnt true with most BEA or FRAs. But I wanted to know what law enforcement GENERALLY thought of BEA's. Both the ones who are idiots and the professional ones. Do you deal with them often? What do you think of them? I know there tends to be a negative outlook on BEAs but I want to change that. After all, we are all out there doing the same things. Putting our lives on the line to clean up the streets. Im not saying I have the same job as a cop. Our jobs are very different but we face a lot of the same dangers and I feel a high kinship with LEOs.

What do you guys think of BEAs?

Last edited by Huey County; 08-05-2009, 01:00 AM.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Have never encountered one in almost 30 years total as a P/O. We don't have bail bondsman in Ill. It is against the law in Illinois for a bounty hunter to grab someone for violation of bail from another state (725 ILCS 5/103‑9). I will say that from what I've seen of them on some of these shows, I'm glad that we don't have them in Ill.
      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-30-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I have worked with a few....got called out to back them up on a felon apprehension. Good folks, very professional.
        Last edited by Shaidon; 01-31-2009, 01:00 AM.
        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I arrested one for felon with a gun....but other than that....
          "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Glad to hear at least someone has had a good experience with them

Comment

The only bounty hunter I have ever came in contact with failed to stop for me when I tried to stop him for going 25 mph over the limit. He then turned off his lights and tried to duck behind some buildings in his vehicle. I found him and he ended up being DUI. He also had many illegal items in his possession which he said he used on his job. Not a good impression for the profession. But I know their are good and bad apples in every walk of life, so I dont judge the whole on the actions of one stupid act.
              John 3:16

Comment

The only bounty hunters I have met while working were complete idiots. I got no problem with the job but with the people. I met one few months ago that was dressed like that clown Dog.
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

My opinion of the professionalism of bail enforcement agents is colored by this post I just read...

Oh wait, you posted this "TRowe"...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111539

"Yes, Im aware they are not authorized to have reds, hence me advising him against it. However, I wasnt going to sit there while my partner was pinned down in gun fire. If that idiot wanted to risk his career by running reds, thats his problem not mine. My main priority was getting to my partner to back him up. Im sure you guys would do anything you had to do to get to your partner. And to be honest, I would run reds any day if it meant saving anyones life, my partner or not.

I take offense to your remarks. In fact, they were down right rude. We werent playing police. One, as I said, he wasnt my partner. He was another bounty hunter we were working with but I just happened to be with him at the time I got the call my partner needed back up. And two, we werent playing police. My partner was pinned down and we were getting to him. Are you telling me that you wouldnt do what it took to get to your partner if he had guns pointing at him and he was being shot at? Maybe YOUR in the wrong profession. Because I think running red lights is a pretty appropriate response to a, well what is to me at least, a potential 11-99... I would do anything to protect my partner and the lives of the good guys and I accept you would do the same thing.

Im surprised to get such a prickish comment from someone on this board. At the least, you could have answered at least one of my questions. Meaning you didnt set out to be helpful at all, you just set out to be a complete *******. Get over yourself.

After reading your profile, let me ask you this. Being that you cannot "play police" and run reds, if your partner was in trouble and you had no choice but to break a very petty law considering what you were doing it for, would you? You dont deserve to wear a badge otherwise because remember the LEO golden rule, make sure you and your partner go home at night. I would be very worried if you were backing me up

Read his posts and make your own decision about his "professionalism" and "very high respect for law enforcement".
                  ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

]My opinion of the professionalism of bail enforcement agents is colored by this post I just read...

Oh wait, you posted this "TRowe"...

+1
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

This incident stuck with me over the years.

http://www.slate.com/id/1072/
                      Bounty Hunters
                      By Franklin FoerPosted Sunday, Sept. 28, 1997, at 3:30 AM ET

In another recent case, Kansas City, Mo., bounty hunters broke into the wrong home and put three bullets in an innocent man. These stories portray bounty hunters as thugs who are beyond the law. What is a bounty hunter? What legal powers do bounty hunters have? Whence do they derive those powers?

Bounty hunters work for bail-bondsmen. They are dispatched to capture defendants in criminal cases who have skipped bail posted by bail-bondsmen. About 40 percent of all criminal defendants are released on bail, a cash deposit that is forfeited to the court if the defendant fails to appear before the judge as promised. Defendants who can't afford bail often hire the services of a private bail-bond agency to front the cash. The bondsman's fee is usually 10 percent of the bail, with defendants putting up collateral for the remainder.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Without any type of oversight from individual states or the Federal government, I'm surprised that they can operate. You can have no type of training; firearm, law, driving, etc. or have no type of insurance or automobile, professional liability, and run around armed, invading residences, and handcuffing people. No type of licensing of any kind. I'm glad that under these circumstances that they cannot operate in Illinois. I also can understand the attitude of LEO's in states that they do operate.

"TRowe" may be the exception, or he may be the rule, I don't know because of my non-experience with bounty hunters. But what I do know is that every LEO has been scrutinized during the hiring process (the methods, which in some areas, are dictated by law)and that they have attained a minimum (at least) of state and/or agency mandated training before they are turned loose on the street.

Comment

Thomas, the sad fact is, Bounty Hunters. Fugitive Recovery Agents, Bail Enforcement Agents, etc, have a pretty lousy reputation. Ex -Felon "Dog" hasn't done anything at all to improve that situation either. I suppose his show has some entertainment value, but I personally don't care for it. You can liken your efforts at apprehending Bail/Bond skips to clearing the streets of criminals, but the Bondsmen you work for put them there in the first place. Any benefit your efforts have in the way of public safety are purely incidental. Your guy doesn't show up in court, your boss eats the bond at face value. That's a pretty good incentive to go after the guy. It's not my intention to offend you personally, and I don't claim to speak for any of my colleagues. I'm simply responding to your original question.

Comment

Phil may not speak for anyone else but himself, but he shares exactly the same opinion I do on the subject

Have the same feeling. Knew there was a good reason that LEO's did not involve themselves with these guys.
                            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Have only run into one, and got good intel from him regarding a subject. But I have to say, this topic made me look up Bounty Hunter laws and it is very interesting to me how greatly they vary from state to state. It is also no wonder "Dog" works in Hawaii... http://www.fugitiverecovery.com/laws/overview.htm
                              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6327 users online. 343 members and 5984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X