300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you afraid of gangs?

I was on youtube one day watching videos about the history of gangs. It really gave me the heebie jeebies especially prison gangs like the aryan brotherhood, black guerilla family, etc. I have a question to LEOs out there when you're on the streets and dealing with gangs are you ever afraid?

The police are better trained, better armed, better funded and better staffed than any street gang. If you leverage these factors against a ragtag group of 13-19 year olds there's not a lot to worry about.

Comment

Of course, we are human too. But the difference is that we as LEOs have to work through our fear and not let the fight or flight syndrome take over. Its not that we dont get scared, its that we work through our fear and use our fear to our advantage. pysiologically speaking when somebody is scared the body reacts to put more energy to the sympathetic nervous system and reduces the energy it sends to the parasympathetic nervous system. So basically the more hieghtened the sympathetic nervous system the more "heightened" your senses will be. Basically your body turns off processes that it doesnt need to use and devotes more energy to the bodily processes you will need. So with all that being said it is sometimes advantagous for us to get scared.
      But seriously we are all super men and women and dont get scared at anything

Comment

Of course we need to be very cautious with gangs and their members. Fear is a part of human nature and LEO's are not immune to it. It is a healthy emotion, and one that we can feed off of to channel our energies and use to our advantage.

As Geordi mentions, our training and experience helps to lessen the emotion, or more correctly channel it. Anyone who says they have no fear is either a liar, an idiot, or mentally disturbed. Or perhaps any combination of the above.
        The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I am not afraid of gangs. They are afraid of me.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I am afraid of large gangs of big foots, but I live in the midwest, so i don't think I'll have to deal with them anytime soon. I have a friend who works in Idaho, he says they run rampant out there, robbing liquor stores and such. Does that count?
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

I am not afraid of gangs. They are afraid of me.

More truth to that statement than you think!
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Gangs are an increasing concern for Law Enforcement in many areas. Concern does NOT equal fear. Concern drives effective strategy and tactics for Police agencies in combatting gang activity. I believe the gangs in general, are far more afraid of us.

Comment

more problems outta the ' admin' gang than any gang on the street..
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                    Of course we need to be very cautious with gangs and their members. Fear is a part of human nature and LEO's are not immune to it. It is a healthy emotion, and one that we can feed off of to channel our energies and use to our advantage.

As Geordi mentions, our training and experience helps to lessen the emotion, or more correctly channel it. Anyone who says they have no fear is either a liar, an idiot, or mentally disturbed. Or perhaps any combination of the above.
                    I agree. It can be a healthy emotion and very unhealthy if you ignore it. Additionally, we can usually outnumber them in a matter of minutes should the need arise. When we decide to contact a gang, we usually go in 4-5 deep to begin with.
                    John 3:16

Comment

Anyone who says they have no fear is either a liar, an idiot, or mentally disturbed. Or perhaps any combination of the above

Then that would be me
                      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

i.m not scared of an 18 y/o punk with a red rag hanging out his pocket...i dont agree with the police being better armed well at least me dept isnt

Comment

gangs always hang out in large numbers. It's like they're afraid something might happen to them if they're by themselves.

Comment

We are the biggest gang in the world.
                            I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

My gangs bigger.......Law Enforcement is the largest street gang in north america!
                              " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3882 users online. 272 members and 3610 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X