300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of help, much appreciated.

A tad confused about something and hoping to find a few answers here.

I'm 18, nearly 19, never been in trouble with the law and i've been interested in law enforcement for a long time now. Though, i'm worried about something I did last year and if it could DQ everytime I apply for a job.

The scenario:
    This last year i smoked pot during the birthday weekend for me and my friends and was wondering; how long to wait before applying? I smoked only during that weekend, not once before nor after.

Yes, It was a mistake I wish i could take back as it is pointless to smoke and i regret it. Will this one incident prevent me from landing a job or is there a period of time i should wait before i even consider applying?

Thanks for your time.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, hope you can understand it.

You should be fine, 1 time isn't anything that could DQ you I believe

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialBlend View Post
      You should be fine, 1 time isn't anything that could DQ you I believe
      Wow, quick response.
      So I shouldn't need to maybe try in a few years? I was told it was in my best interest apply for a desk job at the sheriff's department to get myself some experience so, I was wondering whether or not i'd be able to.

Thanks.

Comment

Don't worry about it. People with a lot more stuff than that apply and make it. As far as getting experience I would agree. I was your age when I started applying and I always got told I was to young so you need to find a department that will let you in the door and go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MMeeusen View Post
          Don't worry about it. People with a lot more stuff than that apply and make it. As far as getting experience I would agree. I was your age when I started applying and I always got told I was to young so you need to find a department that will let you in the door and go with it.
          Right, will keep that in mind, thanks.

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Look at being a reserve, and possibly getting a department to pay for academy,... I know MANY AZ departments require at least three years from the time of using dope... even if you didn't inhale.
            Brother's Brother in law is a deputy in parker PM me and I will get you his info...
            "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13695 users online. 453 members and 13242 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X