300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handled all the same? What do YOU do?

First off, forgive me if this has already been asked, I looked but didn't find a similar question.

I don't really know how to word this... but I'll try. Ok here it is....

Do you handle different types of people completely different, or all the same? For example... if you are citing someone, do you take age, gender, etc into account?Ex: If you had a 45 yr old man going 15 over and an 18 yr old girl going 15 over would they get the same citation? What about a more severe offense?

This is all just my curiosity. Thank you!

Everyone gets treated the same....age, race, nationality ect have no bearing on whether I am going to issue a cite or not......ATTITUDE, however, plays a big role in whether you get a warning or not......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

What he said. I've had what I thought would be punk kids bein the most polite guys in the world, and I've had what I thought would be nice old ladies being the most rude.

Comment

Originally posted by TazednConfused View Post
        Ex: If you had a 45 yr old man going 15 over and an 18 yr old girl going 15 over would they get the same citation?
        This is all just my curiosity. Thank you!
        No! I would issue each of them their own individual citation - each for driving 15 MPH over!
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Everyone gets treated the same....age, race, nationality ect have no bearing on whether I am going to issue a cite or not......ATTITUDE, however, plays a big role in whether you get a warning or not......
          X-2

Comment

Age does become a factor for me, but not until we're talking about the elderly. If its a simple mistake I'm more likely to cut the elderly a break on a citation, but if its a pattern I'm more likely to file the paperwork to get their licenses revoked. They are more likely to be a violator because of reduced physical or mental capacity. A citation isn't going to correct the behavior in that case, where with the 45 y/o or 18 y/o they are driving that way by choice or by negligence.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Attitude by far makes the biggest difference when I determine when or not someone is getting cited/arrested.

I'll take a emo punk 18 yo who is at least pleasent over a 50 year old suit wearing a-hole anyday.

Comment

It's always fun when Mr. "I'm an important person" gets the same treatment as anyone else.
                I had one guy claim he was a good friend of the Governor. I picked up the phone & asked information for the number of the Gov.'s residence (at 2 AM on a Sunday). He begged me to stop - and he went to jail.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  EXACTLY!

Comment

Like LA DEP said...

Everyone gets the same me, it's how they dictate the encounter that makes the difference.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3576 users online. 249 members and 3327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X