300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 911!

I was wondering what actual sworn personnel think of the show Reno 911? It seems a little disrespectful, but I think if you have a sense of humor its actually a pretty funny show...just curious!

How many people know what they want to do with their life since they learned to talk?

I love that show and as you can see, Garcia is my favorite. I did'nt like the movie though.
    METRO965

Comment

Best show ever. I pulled the guy who plays Lt. Dangle over awhile ago (tint violation) and it was like pulling over my hero. I didn't write him. He asked for my partner and my business card after we were done and he sent each of us an autographed picture of the cast...
      "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Best Cop Show since Barney Miller

It makes me laugh so hard sometimes that I think I'm going to have a stroke !!

If you are a cop and offended by it, then you are just taking yourself too seriously, IMHO.
        LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

It's friggin' hilarious! I like the bit they did when Garcia and Jones pulled their guns on a couple Jehovah's Witnesses that were walking down the street. I laughed until I cried and my sides hurt.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I giggle my a55 off. Obviously exaggerated, but there is a tiny bit of truth in there.
            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sz5q_L0lQ4

Laugh my A55 off evertime I see it.........
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

That show is funny. How can you not like it.
                The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I love that show. Own all the seasons.

It cracks me up how many people think that we should hate it. We have a sense of humor, we have to.
                  The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                  -Neal Boortz

Comment

Used to live in Reno, never watched an episode.

Comment

Sorry- forgot this was LE reply only.
                      Last edited by Till; 11-22-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider911 View Post
                        I love that show. Own all the seasons.

It cracks me up how many people think that we should hate it. We have a sense of humor, we have to.
                        No different than Supertroopers. It is humor... both are funny. There is always someone in your agency you relate to some of the characters.

I get more P/O'ed at drama movies with inaccuracies.

Comment

RedRaider911,

Since you own all the DVD's, do you remember which season the clip is in that I referred to earlier?
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I love the episode where they find the hysterical female in the trailer park. Daingle gets all hysterical with her, and eventualy hysterics her into the back seat of the unit.
                            He immediately stops being hysterical and deadpans "Whatever it takes to get them in the car"
                            "The only means we possess to thank them is to try to be as good an American as they were. We might fall well short of their standard, but there is honor in the effort."

Comment

I hate that show, in fact I hate TV

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9612 users online. 383 members and 9229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X