300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! interview TONIGHT!!

i have my interview tonight in front of 3 or soo local police chiefs.. from what i gathered most questions are going to be situational questions, what do you do if you pull over cheif and he is drunk, stuff like that.. any last minute pointers you can help me with to calm the nerves???

Originally posted by joeypalz283 View Post
    i have my interview tonight in front of 3 or soo local police chiefs.. from what i gathered most questions are going to be situational questions, what do you do if you pull over cheif and he is drunk, stuff like that.. any last minute pointers you can help me with to calm the nerves???
    You give him a ride home, partner drives his car !

Good luck and try to stay calm and think straight and you'll do fine.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

When asked a question, don't answer right away. Think it over for a few seconds and give your response. That way you will not be um err I um would um err...you get the point.
      Give your answer once, speak clearly and don't elaborate unless asked to.
      You WILL be in suit and tie tonight, right?
      Show up 15 minutes early. If you are not early you are late.
      If you are not sure about what you would do, the best answer is I would contact my supervisor or senior officer to seek guidance. You are not expected to know everything at this point. That comes 25 years later when you make chief.

Comment

i dont know about the 55 question. I dont care who you are if you are drunk there is one place you go and it isnt home. Sometimes it takes a bigger man to stand up and do the right thing. If that chief stole some items from the walmart would you give him a ride home? dont say what you think they want to hear. you say what you think. show that your not afraid to nut up.

On my board i was asked this:

Your on FTO you goto a burglary of a liquer store. Yall are first on scene and no one else is around. Your FTO goes over and takes 2 bottles of Crown. What do you do?

my answer: call him on it.

they say: oh its only 2 bottles the insurance will cover that for sure. besides if you take this any higher you will fail FTO.

my answer: well i have to sleep with myself at night not the FTO and I would have to ask myself do I hold the same values as my department and if i did not then i would walk away and find another job

Comment

Ok, a little off the OP's question, but as far as the Chief DUI thing. Do you actually take every DUI you pull over to jail? No, of course not. So, you have discretion, correct? Why would you not exercise that discretion and get your Chief a ride home just as you would do for any guy you pulled over. Just my opinion.

Comment

Not to totally hijack the thread but....

1. No one forces anyone to drink and drive
            2. feel free to call a cab or a friend. don't think that just because you have a badge in your wallet and a gun on your hip the laws do not apply to you.
            3. DWI kills

What if the "Chief" doesn't get stopped and ends up killing someone? What then? Lets say your Sarge or even IA has a reason to pull your tape and you get the "Why did you do that? Why couldn't the "Chief" drive home on his own?

most importantly
            4. Its not worth my job.

Thats why. Yes we get to exercise discretion. But that is cases where about speeding, headlights, tail lights, or inspection stickers. Common sense and good judgment people. I pulled over my mom and she gave me 4-2-2 she is going to jail. But hey that is just me I have a passion for hunting 55's I enjoy it. I feel that every time I get a 55 that someones mommy or daddy makes it home alive.

Comment

Originally posted by powerstroked View Post
              Not to totally hijack the thread but....
              Yes we get to exercise discretion. But that is cases where about speeding, headlights, tail lights, or inspection stickers. Common sense and good judgment people. I pulled over my mom and she gave me 4-2-2 she is going to jail. But hey that is just me I have a passion for hunting 55's I enjoy it. I feel that every time I get a 55 that someones mommy or daddy makes it home alive.

I agree with everything you've said. Great answers. Just thought I'd chime in and say your answers are reaching more eyes than just the ops. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6518 users online. 351 members and 6167 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X