300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeders Fight Back

It's this show on TruTV (Formerly Court TV), that features defendants from the show "Speeders" going to traffic court and fighting their ticket. The defenses were ABSOLUTELY REMARKABLE, and makes me wonder what goes through these people's heads?!

One guy who was in his first couple months of studying optometry gave the Florida State Trooper and eye exam after his main defense, a woman wrote and sang a song to the judge, this old guy who was written up for improper high beams, gave a presentation that he was just rocking out to the radio... and a guy proposed to his girl friend in court after he won his defense.

Needless to say, I was on the floor laughing my butt off for a good 20 minutes - especially after the first two.

With that said - When at traffic court, or criminal court, whats the weird, most bizarre thing you've witnessed in court.

Well it all depends what state and what judge!

I worked as a Probation Officer/ Bailiff before become a deputy and the judge i worked for viewed Cop and defendants testimony as the same.

He gave no higher reguard to either person. So if you got a seatbelt, turn signal, running a red light, any type of citation that has no other evidence to back it up besides officer word, then you would win your case.

The court system is screwy.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Some people will do just about anything to get on TV!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Some people will do just about anything to get on TV!
        No joke. I haven't seen the show, but a certain amount of decorum is expected in court, even traffic court, and you may find yourself donning a set of shiny bracelets if you don't take the court officials' advise about how to behave.

I guess traffic court wise the funniest thing I've seen was a woman with a 5 page written dissertation on why she should not have to pay her ticket. Her thesis was "I've never gotten a ticket before, so I should get a pass on this one." When the judge starts tapping his fingers, its not a good sign...
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Cruiser Class, we had a lawyer (defense counsel, of course), who refused to wear a jacket & tie in Federal court. After a number of warnings, he got jail time for contempt, fought it and lost.
          We all enjoyed that!
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by BBM View Post
            One guy who was in his first couple months of studying optometry gave the Florida State Trooper and eye exam after his main defense, a woman wrote and sang a song to the judge, this old guy who was written up for improper high beams, gave a presentation that he was just rocking out to the radio... and a guy proposed to his girl friend in court after he won his defense.
            Watching this one as I type!!!
            "Lets go for line eleven, cut to the chase". Awesome stuff and he only got 2 wrong.

And for the record she is kinda hot Or do I need an eye exam?
            Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
              Watching this one as I type!!!
              "Lets go for line eleven, cut to the chase". Awesome stuff and he only got 2 wrong.

And for the record she is kinda hot Or do I need an eye exam?
              Ya I'll second that one. Every episode she gets more attractive it seems. The judge is pretty much the only reason I watch.
              Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

Ive had the "it wasnt me" defense a few times even though their fingerprints were taken during the stop. Nothing like adding criminal charges to a simple speeding ticket because you thought you could pull one over on the system.

I had another one where the defendant was a freeman. Basically his entire defense was that he was a sovereign nation by himself and our laws were not applicable to him.

Most of the other ones are the simple..."i dont think I was speeding" or the "everybody else was doing it too" defeneses. Theres also the he only stopped me because I am (insert race, sex, age here). You have never truly seen the bottom of humanity until you sit in traffic court for a few hours.

Comment

I had a guy pull a pistol out in court one time while I was on the stand at his Public Intoxication trial.
                  I was standing up in the witness stand drawing down on him, the prosecuting attorney jumped about five feet in the air, the judge almost banged a hole in his bench with the gavel and the other officer in the courtoom was scrambling to get his butt out of a chair in the corner.
                  Very short and very intense but funny afterwards. All ended well.

Comment

That show is a joke. Another Judge (though hot) just looking to cash in for 15min of fame and looking for a show deal. All that acting silly for the show the defendants do would not be allowed in a real court, but it's allowed on that show because they need to keep ratings. Sad sight if you ask me.
                    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Everyone needs to watch out for the "freedmen" and 'posse comatatus' crowd. They believe they are sovereign, and will fight the police (AKA ZOG, Zionist Occupational Government).

Watch for paper homemade plates, or no plates at all, or bumper stickers with certain causes. Call for backup before stopping them!
                      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2251 users online. 90 members and 2161 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X