300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surf View Post
    I am probably more of a gear head than a gun enthusiast. Many would find that hard to believe but its true. If its fast and has a motor, I am into it. Grew up on dirt bikes, switched to road racing and still own bikes. Big trucks? Yep. Currently own a lifted 03' Ram QC 4x4. Quads, jet skiis, you name it and I've been into it at some point in my life.

But the real deal for me is my cars. I am not into imports or sports cars. I am partial to Mustangs and have owned 15. Currently down to 2. My blown 96' Cobra and my 87' LX coupe. The 87' is my 1/4 mile car. Stroked 351W (377) Forged, nitrous spec pistons, cam etc. I am old school so it is a carb'd, dual plate nitrous set-up.

Hell, I built (am building) my home around my Garage, just so I could get a shop and a lift in it.

I would love to have a house with a garage big enough to have a lift and a fully equipped shop.

As gay as it makes me sound, I'm scared to death of bikes, not so much because they themselves are scary, but because I know I would rip in to it one day and scatter my body along the road, not to mention people up here in Philly can't drive and I don't trust being on the road with them without a metal cage protecting me.

Comment

My only car.

Comment

2018 bmw m3

Comment

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not really fair. He (or she) is still living at home because in Silicon Valley housing is unattainable for anyone not making high 6 or mid 7 figure salaries.

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone lives "at home". What I said, was that I suspect he is still living with his parents.

• SoloSCCSO
          SoloSCCSO commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, I am truly impressed by all the assumptions. ( You guys have all the correct answers.) I do still live with my parents in South Bay, and I turned 21 not long ago. Police work is totally different than what I was expecting.

• SoloSCCSO
          SoloSCCSO commented
          Editing a comment
          There were SJPD officers who were living in their RVs, and I feel lucky to not have to worry about finding a place to live in Silicon Valley.

Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloSCCSO View Post
          2018 bmw m3
          I was at a gun store today, ordering my retirement gun. A young guy and his girlfriend were walking out to his car. His car appeared to be what had been a perfectly good BMW, until he removed the springs and muffler from it. As they walked past my custom-ordered Porsche convertible, parked with the top down, she stared at it long and hard. She was clearly considering her life decisions, as well as the results of those decisions. Then she turned to face him, with a look on her face like she was going to slap him.
          Last edited by Aidokea; 10-12-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloSCCSO View Post
            2018 bmw m3
            The laws in your state require you to have a front license plate on your car. As a probationary rookie, you should be demonstrating compliance with the laws that you are sworn to enforce.

Comment

• SoloSCCSO
              SoloSCCSO commented
              Editing a comment
              True, but I got 99 FTO problems, and that aint one. Plus, I drive a my ford f150 to work, so no one would really find out that I don't have a front plate on my M3. Like what you said, I should be showing compliance with the state law.

• SoloSCCSO
              SoloSCCSO commented
              Editing a comment
              My CHP buddy drives a mustang GT ( straight piped exhaust , tinted windows) , and I personally don’t like the Cali liberals’ laws.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

The laws in your state require you to have a front license plate on your car. As a probationary rookie, you should be demonstrating compliance with the laws that you are sworn to enforce.
            Every single license plate used in the state of California is manufactured at Folsom Prison, it takes a somewhat longer to produce personal plates, particularly plates with 10 codes or badge numbers.

Comment

2012 Ford F-150 or 1997 Jeep Wrangler
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I was at a gun store today, ordering my retirement gun. A young guy and his girlfriend were walking out to his car. His car appeared to be what had been a perfectly good BMW, until he removed the springs and muffler from it. As they walked past my custom-ordered Porsche convertible, parked with the top down, she stared at it long and hard. She was clearly considering her life decisions, as well as the results of those decisions. Then she turned to face him, with a look on her face like she was going to slap him.

This is why I don't have a convertible.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                not.in.MY.town commented
                Editing a comment
                ^^ That... and the human feces problem...and the horny tarantulas...

• Since this thread was brought back up from the dead I'll play.

To and from work I drive a 2002 Dodge Neon ACR. It's a nice little beater and never grabs the attention of anyone and I don't care if something happens to it.

On my off days I have a Mercedes E class sedan and a Corvette.

Comment

• I drive my girlfriend crazy off duty bahaha

Comment

• 1970 2-dr Olds Cutlass (350 V8, auto, black full-cover vinyl roof over gold)
                  1967 2-dr Plymouth Fury (318 V8, auto, white full-cover vinyl roof over blue and silver)
                  70s-something regular cab Chev 10 pickup (POS)
                  1977 4-dr Malibu (wife's - plain)
                  1980 Chev Malibu wagon (new, plain)
                  1985 Dodge 250 full-size van (new, red and white, somewhat loaded, 8 passenger, 350 V8)
                  80s-something Chevette (POS)
                  2000 2-dr Honda Civic (wife's, sliver, bought from one of my partners)
                  2003 4-dr Buick Century (bought from 2nd owner's estate - brown - plain, looks like an senior management's unmarked)
                  2013 4-dr black Honda Civic (wife's, bought new)
                  #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                  Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                  RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                  Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                  "Smile" - no!

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You must have a really big garage...

• PeteBroccolo
                    PeteBroccolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, I failed to add the timeline of ownership:
                    #1 - 1976 to 1978;
                    #2 - 1978 to 1979;
                    #3 - 1979 to 1981;
                    #4 - 1978 to 1981;
                    #5 - 1981 to 1984;
                    #6 - 1984 to 1994;
                    #7 - 1985 to 1986;
                    In between, we had 2 old cars gifted to us by my wife's parents, plus a 3rd old vehicle gifted to us by one of my wife's sisters & husbands, all which our kids eventually drove;
                    #8 - 2002 to 2013;
                    #9 - 2011 to present;
                    #10 - 2013 to present.

• Originally posted by CompanyMan View Post
                  I have a Mercedes E class sedan.
                  What year and model? I like the AMG E63S wagon. A station wagon with over 600 horsepower, looks like more fun than giving two toys to three kids. And that matte-grey paint looks great on it.

I can't justify the expense of the E63S wagon- I wish that Mercedes AMG would bring the C63S wagon to the U.S..
                  Last edited by Aidokea; 10-24-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

We actually have a trainee who didn’t have a front plate on his Jeep for a few weeks. His FTO wouldn’t let him stop any car with no front plate.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

We actually have a trainee who didn’t have a front plate on his Jeep for a few weeks. His FTO wouldn’t let him stop any car with no front plate.
                      When I worked as a local that was the department's rule. If your vehicle had a particular equipment violation then you couldn't stop drivers for the same issue. Window tint and front plate were the two big ones.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8747 users online. 218 members and 8529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X