Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Couple Questions

First Question

Is it a good thing that I am good at spotting police cars? In both morning and night?

Second Question - am i breaking the law

By using my GPS for speed since my speedometer is broke?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

?????????????????????????????/
    John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Shane View Post
      First Question

Is it a good thing that I am good at spotting police cars? In both morning and night?
      Huh? Not sure what you are trying to get at? Uh, I guess it's a good thing if you are a drug smuggler or bank robber....

Second Question - am i breaking the law

By using my GPS for speed since my speedometer is broke?
      As long as you aren't speeding, you aren't breaking any speed laws, but there may be an equipment violation in there somewhere....
      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

I don't care on the first one. And no on the second. Having a operable speedometer is not required by law.
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

My 4 year old can spot police cars...not real hard since 90 pct of them in America are Ford Crown Vics.

Comment

thanks for the replys. its usually more difficult with me for crown vics but with impalas its as easy as can be.

also the speed thing, interesting to know that there is no law regarding a working speedometer
            Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

In Az you can be written a ticket for having a vehicle not in working order due to the inoperable speedometer....I'm sure each State varies so find someone from the State you live in and ask them.

Comment

Yes! It's a horrible thing that you can spot police cars! It's the end of the world! Get counseling now! NOW I TELL YOU!

And nobody cares how you know you're going the speed limit. You can just guess your speed and write it down on a chalk bored (aka Steve Urkle), we don't care how you know you're going the speed limit, as long as you're going the speed limit.

Comment

In some states you do not have to have a speedometer in your car, but if you do have one it must work.
                  The only issue will come up if you are in an accident where speed is an issue, and the other party finds out your speedo did not work. Then, it may be your fault!
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

My cloaking device must have gone out. I'll get it fixed. Thanx for the info!

Comment

In Ohio, you must have a working speedometer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3185 users online. 175 members and 3010 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X